Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bounced a "Seether" and "Trapt" show last night....

casavant

I got out of the library at 9:30pm, went home and showered and changed, then drove up to the club by 10:30pm. I laugh at the extreme dichotomy of my two jobs when I have to do a quick change-up like that. :D

It was 18 & up :rolleyes: The venue isn't really big, but it was a sold out crowd and I was stationed by the stage with the other biggest guy that works there (one of the dudes that I did the Special K superhero gig with, incidentally). We had to keep people from getting too out of control and couldn't allow a lot of moshing. What fun- no better way to look like a fucking killjoy, ya know? Bleck. We tossed a few people and stuff, then after the show we did cleanup and helped the roadies load the equipment.

Here's one thing I'd like to advise all bouncers if their management asks them to help load the band's equipment with the roadies:

Sometimes, roadies will be really cool and appreciative. But other times they are real cocksucking pricks, and it's not because you're mishandling their shit or anything like that. They're just pricks. Period. Don't let their bullshit catch you by surprise, and don't be afraid to tell them to fuck off and load their own shit if they give you lip. Some of the roadies were real dicks last night and I saw them bitch at a couple of the guys I worked with. They didn't give me shit though, because I made it clear through words and facial expression that I wasn't going to eat shit, and as soon as I saw them pop off to one of my buds, I walked over to the bar, did a little sweeping, and drank a beer. Eventually, I went back over and helped load some stuff. But anyway, just make sure you don't let those fucking trolls walk on you, because it's not like their shit don't stink, ya hear?

I bet that was a good time. I like that type of music.

We are having Saliva & Powerman5000 here at our local clubs this month. That should be fun also.

No mashing though??? You buzz kill!

I had to be the fucking killjoy last weekend also,had to keep the people from spilling beer in the speakers and moshing with beers,real fucking fun,the owners had to shut our show down because the other bouncer lost his cool and I couldnt handle the angry crowd alone. but its good to hear your show went well,how were the bands?

alien amp pharm said:
I bet that was a good time. I like that type of music.

We are having Saliva & Powerman5000 here at our local clubs this month. That should be fun also.

No mashing though??? You buzz kill!

Yeah, it sucks having to do that, but I don't make the rules around there. So what you get is all these people- many of them angry teenagers- who paid a little chunk of change for a couple hours of catharsis, and you have to stand there being the big, fascist authority figure that most of the people there are totally against. Some don't realize that if you weren't working, you'd slamming people so fucking hard that they would be the ones wanting you to stop. :D

cas, Your vocabulary is impressive. really

Do you use it in your regular interactions/conversations and get
lots of WTF looks ?

Y_Lifter said:
lots of WTF looks ?

Nah, I'd say he gets more of those kinds of looks whenever he kisses dudes on the cheek. (tee hee hee, sorry couldn't resist)

alien amp pharm said:

Nah, I'd say he gets more of those kinds of looks whenever he kisses dudes on the cheek. (tee hee hee, sorry couldn't resist)

LOL.

Cas is never gonna live that down.

IrishMobBoss said:
I had to be the fucking killjoy last weekend also,had to keep the people from spilling beer in the speakers and moshing with beers,real fucking fun,the owners had to shut our show down because the other bouncer lost his cool and I couldnt handle the angry crowd alone. but its good to hear your show went well,how were the bands?

I only was there for "Trapt", because I couldn't get out of the library until 9:30, which was still 45 minutes earlier than I'm scheduled to leave. It was a good show. The size of the crowd took me by surprise- I had the vague impression that those bands had some songs out that were getting rotation on the airwaves, and the local radio stations had been pushing this show, but that was it. I also didn't know it was 18 & up. So walking in, I was like, "OooK...time to put my straw Stetson hat back in the truck. LOL. Man, that would have gotten stomped in two seconds, and it would have made me look much too nice for the crowd I was dealing with. A bald head has a much greater impact, it seems. :D

So it was only you and one other guy bouncing that gig you did the other day? That sucks man. I think we had at least eight last night. The owners shut down because of the other bouncer throwing punches? Damn. He must have been really off the hook to fuck up the whole show like that. We take out folks pretty hard sometimes, and our owner doesn't even blink. I'm not saying we take them outside and kick the shit out of them, but inevitably a person is going to end up a little roughed up when you have to drag them out and they're resisting the whole way.

Y_Lifter said:
cas, Your vocabulary is impressive. really
lots of WTF looks ?

I expect a similar post in one of my threads PRONTO!

I go to a lot of shows in small venues, and I feel bad for you bouncers. I mean I'm there just trying to watch a good concert, and you have these assholes acting like they're hot shit, and you end up looking like a dick.

Top Bottom