Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body Fat scales!!!

I have a lot of problems with these bodyfat devices. I used one that used bioelectrical empedance and it said my bf was 12%(too low) then I had 3 caliper tests done which put me at 16-18%(more realistic) Then I did the POD air compression test which is supposed to be the most accurate as it measures fat inside around your organs. That one put me at a whopping 25%!

Eviscerator -

I understand thgat maybe you believe that this device will provide you with a good RELATIVE measurement, if not necessarily a good ABSOLUTE measurement.

I would guess that here is how your thought process is on this subject ...

"....yeah ... if it says 26% .... that may be BS, but at least if it says like 26% one day, and 24% the week after - you know it went down - right? I mean, the number may not actually BE 26 and 24 - but it DID drop - right? "

Not necessarily. And that the problem.

I think a lot of us use scales that may be off. I mean, it may say 190 lbs, and maybe your weight is EXACTLY 192. But for the most part, we CAN use a normal weight scale from day to day for a somewhat good RELATIVE measurement (meaning that 190 figure may not be correct, but at least it provides us with a sound basis for taking measurements and seeing how they are relative to one another).

Now our use of otherwise poor scale for weight measueremnt - relative weight measurements - is not all that bad, becase the METHOD of measuring weight is actually quite sound.

The problem with these BF scales is that their methods of determining BF is BS! So, using them for even relative measurements is not a good idea.

Top Bottom