Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boat stuck in ice with global warming scientist

It's an Australasian Antarctic Expedition and they're sailing in a Russian vessel. Nothing financed by or to do with the American govt. in any way (which prefers the ostrich approach over preemptive regarding environmental issues).

something we did NOT throw money at :confused:

Every scientist, climatologist, etc., etc. is in agreement that the term Global Warming is a misnomer. A better term would be Global Climactic Change. Unfortunately, the term stuck and stays stuck because people love to point out that "It's not getting warmer here so what have we got to worry about". IOW, the basic American philosophy of I can't see it from my house, not my problem.

Rebranding their pitch as "climate change" is brilliant, because it let's them blame anything they don't like on any change in the weather.

I'm going to blame Barry's irresponsible economic policies on Dow Industrial average changes because if they are going up, it's because he's manipulating the money supply by pumping trillions of fake money into the market every month through the bond buy-back program. And if the market goes down, it's because of his reckless tax-and-spend policies that undermine the fundamentals of our economy.

It's very convenient, because then anything that happens is the result of his ineptitude.

Good game plan!

Rebranding their pitch as "climate change" is brilliant, because it let's them blame anything they don't like on any change in the weather.

I'm going to blame Barry's irresponsible economic policies on Dow Industrial average changes because if they are going up, it's because he's manipulating the money supply by pumping trillions of fake money into the market every month through the bond buy-back program. And if the market goes down, it's because of his reckless tax-and-spend policies that undermine the fundamentals of our economy.

It's very convenient, because then anything that happens is the result of his ineptitude.

Good game plan!

True and now it is just apparent that they are stuck due to this climate change. Normal climate, they should have made it out ok but nooooooooo... extreme climate they are stuck in ice.

If the planet is 4 billion years old and humans have been tracking weather patterns for what, a few hundred years tops?

The arrogance of mankind to predict what long term planetary climate patterns are is akin to amoeba predicting annual migratory patterns of all mammals

Face it, some things we just dont know shit about. Global warming is now Climate change, now conveniently including anything that happens.

Doesnt the climate "change" on its own anyhow? Be it colder or hotter? Wetter or dryer?

If the planet is 4 billion years old and humans have been tracking weather patterns for what, a few hundred years tops?

The arrogance of mankind to predict what long term planetary climate patterns are is akin to amoeba predicting annual migratory patterns of all mammals

Face it, some things we just dont know shit about. Global warming is now Climate change, now conveniently including anything that happens.

Doesnt the climate "change" on its own anyhow? Be it colder or hotter? Wetter or dryer?

Bro we're not scientists they know everything duh

Where does the fucking Sun fit into all this? Doesnt the sun emit more or less heat on a geological time span, which affects climate on earth?

Well our government cant control what the sun does so i guess that theory is shot.

I watched a NatGeo show few years back, they core drilled an Arctic glacier down to what they were saying was 150,000 years and inspected all the layers up to the present. Assuming they knew what they were talking about, the earth has been heating and cooling in cycles the entire time. Even when volcanoes were belching out more methane, C02, etc than man could ever produce, it still cycled. That was a good enough explanation for me...

Even if there is global warming there's nothing we could do about it anyway driving little toy hybrids won't do shit. Seems like a big waste of money saving these stranded "scientists"

If the expedition has anything to do with global warming then Irony is intact

unfortunately it isn't because I remember 20 years ago reading articles that said we'd see mini ice age in response to the warming as the earth tried to regulate itself, but would inevitably fail. They saw this shit 20 years out. So no, there is actually no irony whatsoever.

Even when volcanoes were belching out more methane, C02, etc than man could ever produce, it still cycled. That was a good enough explanation for me...

weren't those c02 levels associated with extinction events? where most of the planet went dead? so why would we want to even attempt to match those levels knowing the planet likely has some checks and balances that could potentially donkey punch humans off the planet?

Top Bottom