Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BMW Vs Lexus Which is the Better Car For the Money?

anyone who has had the misfortune to own a bmw or audi after the warranty expires knows why SO MANY peeps buy (and KEEP!) a lexus.

a friend of mine just spent 4K (FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!) to have the convertible top replaced on his audi TT...less than a year out of the warranty.

i keep getting lectured by him on "fine german craftmanship and superior quality" as i drove him to and from the audi dealership for warranty work. :rolleyes:

rnch said:
anyone who has had the misfortune to own a bmw or audi after the warranty expires knows why SO MANY peeps buy (and KEEP!) a lexus.

absolutely right!!! now don't get me wrong, i loved my bimmers but they

are expensive to repair and trust me, they need repairing lol.

lexus is almost perfect. bullet proof - technological marvels with next

to no maintenance. btw i drive a town car now but the wife wants another

lexus. i'll get her one and i'll continue to drive the pimp daddy ride :)

depends on the model.

if i could find a clean, well maintained lexus LS400, the origional one that made every bmw and benz dealer shake in his shoes and have night sweat panic attacks; i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

on a simple career civil service time serving salary a new one is out of the question.

LB, i am on my third town car...this one a well preserved unmolested '81 model. after spending the weekend in that monument to detroit insular thinking, my daily driver seems slow, noisy and rough riding. :lmao:

wow, this thead is from 2005! i wonder how many of the bmw peeps who actually purchased one (not leased it) back then would still heap acolades on the car 3 years later?

Gaud help (and finance) ya'll bimmer buyers when the warranty runs out!

Hey, I have a 3 series bmw, bought it brand new, and had nothing but problems since day one. First three months I have a faulty wheel bearing (not my fault) and got charged 250 bucks for the wheel alignment/balance cause thats not included in the warranty....(no 5year warranty here!) I have had 4 flat tyres, faulty electrics, tinted windows (done by bmw) that creek all the time (was told this was normal), a steering wheel that creeks, a body creek that took 50 men and 2 weeks to fix, (but i did try to tell them where the noise was coming from but none cared), paid 270 for ipod connection, needed a new seat belt, 4 light bulbs blew, services and all the little extras they find have always cost over 1500 dollars!!! (no 5 year warranty there), had the abs system croak itself, and to top the list a very RARE part bought my car to a halt (2hrs after a service) which sent it into limp mode, hence bmw still charged me 650 dollars to fix it, after the 780 dollar service 2 days earlier...What an idiot I am..and what a crap car....I waited all my life to afford a bmw and this is what I got!!! The service was crap and they treated me so rudely, like I was a woman who knew nothing....
I now apparently have seals that are leaking oil and need replacing for a total of 3500 dollars...yes thousands!!! my mechanic (old school guy) says the parts only cost a couple of hundred dollars.....mmmmmmm....Not much, if anything is covered under warranty......Now these are the things I can remeber off the top of my head!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING for a car that is only 3 years old!!! undefined

Lexus' are supposibly the best built cars in the world, with that being said I wouldnt even waste money on a BMW. Overpriced in my opinion.. Youd be better off spending the money of a cadillac. I do like the look of the 700series, but still would buy a caddy..

I don't care for BMW's styling at all. There is nothing that really says "wow". The 700 series is about as close to an "ok" looking car they have.

I've had my Lexus for 3 years now and I wouldn't buy anything else.

Top Bottom