Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BMW Vs Lexus Which is the Better Car For the Money?

sacto said:
BMW all the way. Owned several. Looking for more. Besides, all new BMWs come standard with a maint. program. You pay for nothing, except tires for five years. What other car company stands behind their cars like that? Not Lexus and certainly not M-B. And they have the highest retained value. And they drive like no other. Period.

BMW comes standard with a maint program???? Dude you pay for that in the sticker price its just that they don't tell you that. That's why apples and apples the BMW is more expensive than a Lexus. You think BMW will maint. your car for free for 5 yrs.????? They already charged you that and more when you signed the lease or loan.

The highest reatail value belongs to Lexus and they are #1 in reliability.

Iin the interior department Lexus beats BMW by far from every detail from wood, leather, design and navigation system. Even the American dash are better looking than BMW.

LexusWestCoast said:
BMW comes standard with a maint program???? Dude you pay for that in the sticker price its just that they don't tell you that. That's why apples and apples the BMW is more expensive than a Lexus. You think BMW will maint. your car for free for 5 yrs.????? They already charged you that and more when you signed the lease or loan.

The highest reatail value belongs to Lexus and they are #1 in reliability.

Iin the interior department Lexus beats BMW by far from every detail from wood, leather, design and navigation system. Even the American dash are better looking than BMW.

BMW:
"Most Appealing Mid-Luxery Car" - J.D. Power
"When it comes to the driving experience itself, the 5 series continues to reign as the king" - Autoweek
"For aficionados who appreciate fine machinery and top-grade materials and revel in the details of how the car is put together, there's no substitute for the Bimmer" - Motor Trend

BMW 550i compared to Lexus GS 430
Price: $58,500 - $51,375
Full maint for 4yr/50K, yes BMW, no Lexus
Corrosion: 144 months, 72 months
Horsepower: 360hp, 300hp
Torque: 360lb.ft., 325lb.ft.
Cargo Capacity: 18.4cu.ft., 12.7cu.ft.
Just to name a few differences.....

The lexus doesn't even have steering wheel controls.....
And as for resale value retention; "For the third straight year, the BMW brand has the highest residual value among luxury cars" - ALG. This is based on historical vehicle performance, new vehical pricing, and the product competitiveness. Lexus did come in second, however.

But alas...to each his/her own.

Full Maint. means:
Maintenance is a hidden cost to consider when you’re looking at a car’s sticker price—for most luxury cars, that is. Of the top 5 luxury brands, only BMW covers the cost of any needed service for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Brakes, oil changes, wiper blade inserts—it’s all covered.

• Brake pads: $0
• Brake rotors: $0
• Engine Belts: $0
• Oil changes: $0
• Wiper blade inserts: $0
• Inspections: $0
• etc.......

sacto said:
Full Maint. means:
Maintenance is a hidden cost to consider when you’re looking at a car’s sticker price—for most luxury cars, that is. Of the top 5 luxury brands, only BMW covers the cost of any needed service for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Brakes, oil changes, wiper blade inserts—it’s all covered.

• Brake pads: $0
• Brake rotors: $0
• Engine Belts: $0
• Oil changes: $0
• Wiper blade inserts: $0
• Inspections: $0
• etc.......

Yes BMW all the way. My sister bought a G35 and is kicking herself in the ass after driving my BMW's, road noise is harsh in the G35 compared to a BMW, plus I pay for NOTHING, battery and tires are prorated, rest is included in the price of the car, each year, they just keep getting better too.

indy69camaro said:
Yes BMW all the way. My sister bought a G35 and is kicking herself in the ass after driving my BMW's, road noise is harsh in the G35 compared to a BMW, plus I pay for NOTHING, battery and tires are prorated, rest is included in the price of the car, each year, they just keep getting better too.
Even the older ones rock too. I still drive an '01 750iL (V12)....love that car! I think a lexus would probably automatically pull over and die when it noticed that I was coming up on it out of respect.... ;-)

indy69camaro said:

Infinity/nissan has never been known for their build quality. They provide a very good horsepower to cost ratio though.

Lexus if you are not a "driver." Nice smooth expensive toyota. Very reliable.
Plush ...
BUT BMW IS KING OF THE ROAD !!!
If you like to DRIVE. Fast. corners on rails , quick. heads turn. handles like nothing else. 2nd only to Porsche.

Top Bottom