Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BMW Vs Lexus Which is the Better Car For the Money?

MattTheSkywalker said:
I have 3 lexuses: an SUV, a coupe and a 4-dr sedan. (RX SC and GS)

I have never had a maintenance problem with any of them. Lexus had a reputation for being like a living room couch to drive - not really letting you feel the road - but that went away after 2003 or so. (I had a 2002 GS which I recently replaced with a 2006).

My experience with BMWs (though I have never owned one) is that (1) maintenance is expensive (I have never spent a dollar on the Lexuses except routine scheduled maintenance) and (2) BMW's give you great road feel, but are not terribly comfy - think of a stadium seat with a jet engine under it.

I could have any car I want bor. I have Lexuses. That's all I can say there. Also Jesus hates Germans, for the most part.

LOL.

Alright is seems like everybody think Lexus is the way to go. Which one would you suggest? Wishes: confort and can handle the twistys well.

curling said:
LOL.

Alright is seems like everybody think Lexus is the way to go. Which one would you suggest? Wishes: confort and can handle the twistys well.
If a small car is OK then try the IS300. You can get a really nice used one cheaper than what you listed. They're quite sporty and comfy. If that's too small the GS is real nice too. If you want sporty steer clear of the ES 'cuz it's basically a Camry in a suit.

curling said:
Is $33500 a good deal for a 2005 gs 300 with 19k miles on it?

Depending on the options....but it sounds reasonable. Is there a navigation system?

the GS body type you are looking at was the same body type from 2002 - 2005. The 2006 GS body type is very different (I have a 2006 GS300), so when the car changes like that, there is always a slight lowering of price.

If you don't care about that shit, then yeah, that is a decent price. In 2002 I got an '02 GS for 43K, so that's the new price.

As always, try and beat the dealer up some more.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Also Jesus hates Germans, for the most part.

LOL

I'm German.
And I come from a family of BMW owners.

I'm hardcore BMW lover (even though I don't think the current models are their best work).

I think most Americans should stick with LEXUS - BMW's are too complex.
LOL *a little skywalker humor for you folks*

Currently full maintenance is covered in purchasing/leasing a BMW (they do that because they know most people don't take care of their cars.)

My BMW is seven years old this July, 130k ish and my routine maintenance cost less than $500 a year. There is not a car out right now that I would buy to replace her. (well, I wouldn't mind an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S but that's not going to happen any time soon)

That said, while I wouldn't buy one - LEXUS is a really nice car to drive, they are fairly loaded, even though the based models are really just Toyota's with a Lexus emblem.

BMW has a hard drive, steering is tighter LEXUS is more luxury sedan (think Caddy crossed with Toyota)- so if you don't like to feel the road when you drive get a Lexus.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Depending on the options....but it sounds reasonable. Is there a navigation system?

the GS body type you are looking at was the same body type from 2002 - 2005. The 2006 GS body type is very different (I have a 2006 GS300), so when the car changes like that, there is always a slight lowering of price.

If you don't care about that shit, then yeah, that is a decent price. In 2002 I got an '02 GS for 43K, so that's the new price.

As always, try and beat the dealer up some more.

It is a used one. Here is the page of auto trader. Btw is velvette right about lexus being a toyota with an L on it?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...gine=&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=176#vdptop

curling said:
Btw is velvette right about lexus being a toyota with an L on it?
Sort of. The ES is a camry, but the GS, IS, SC, and LS are Lexus (actually a couple are from toyotas that are only sold in Japan). All their trucks share a platform w/ a Toyota counterpart.

Guinness5.0 said:
Sort of. The ES is a camry, but the GS, IS, SC, and LS are Lexus (actually a couple are from toyotas that are only sold in Japan). All their trucks share a platform w/ a Toyota counterpart.

Yes, that's just what I meant.
But that's not to say Toyotas are bad cars because they're not.

Top Bottom