Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Sleigh Riding Hill Stories....

coming off and sliding through dog dirt lol, or being the much bigger heavier one on the sleigh and still using my little sister to break my falls lol

"The Behemoth"

It was a mountain of snow created by the SnowCats during winter. They just pushed all the snow in one pile. Anyways, many bruises from crashing into ice pieces and pieces of blacktop that were dug up by the Cats... I used a cheap sled, it was made outta thin, waxed plastic -- that fuckin thing FLEW.

Imnotdutcheither said:

A plastic bag was always better...........far better than commercial sleighs.

lol, I remember mine was a huge old wooden one with massive metal runners which could fit about 5 or 6 kids on it lol, woe betide anyone who got in the way of that thing.

tuc biscuit said:

lol, I remember mine was a huge old wooden one with massive metal runners which could fit about 5 or 6 kids on it lol, woe betide anyone who got in the way of that thing.

5 or 6 normal kids? shit........musta been like a runaway express train........

In college, we would hit the slopes with lunch trays. Only way to stop is to fall off. Those things were great.

Hahahahahahaha...Our hill was almost straight up...HUGE....At the bottom was a large pond(almost the size of a small lake).

We would get a long sheet of tim out of my Dad's barn, take a hammer and bend and drive over all edges...<tin will cut ya to pieces)...Then add a piece of bailing twine to pull it along, make the youngest fucker pull the tin, add spray pam and you're off...

Now the hill was a sight to behold, and there was only one route down...Everything on all other sides was Mountain Laurel and jagged rocks...So, the first few runs were generally slow until you had the route packed down to a glass-like surface...

Leave the hill, go home and rest, chow dinner down, dress warm, sneak out matches and old newspaper, and meet at dark with normal sleds...

Once you got to the top, you have to sit on your butt and slide to the bottom, and even without a sled it was fast as hell...Get to the bottom and make a fire off to one side...Why the bottom for the fire?

Once you walked back to the top and sat down on the sled, there was no need to push off, just lift your feet...and pray!

At this point timing is of the essence...Once you hit that frozen pond/lake, you had 15 feet to bail off, nothing more than that...At the end of the pond was a river that fed it, and it was never frozen....

I used to love to be the first one down, kick back at the fire, and watch all the different faces as they misjudged the lake and rolled off on their stomach...To see that pleading look in their eye as they wailed.."Nooooooooooooooo" and scraping with their finger nails, grabbing at any twig or weed to impeed the process of getting a wet ass at 10 degrees....

Heh heh heh....Wonder who that smart MOFO was who decided to put the fire at the bottom of the hill??

Same fucker who got wet the very first time and had to claw his way back up the hill with frozen pantlegs...heh heh heh

And here's a good memory enhancer...Remember when you stayed out in the snow so long your pantlegs became frozen solid and looked like stove pipes hanging off your legs??

Heh heh heh

Good shit guys and gals.

Ranger

Top Bottom