Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back in the U.S.S.A...

aurelius

After a very long absence, I have returned to the belly of the beast.

Walking downstairs to customs at LAX overhead is a sign that says "Welcome to the United States." Beneath the sign is mounted a portrait photo of Bush with a an ear to ear grin. Struck me as hilarious.

TV is cashing in on the terrorist attacks like I knew they would. Endless "personal stories of tradgedy... and triumph." "The day America changed..." Place seems just as frivolous as ever, which is kind of a relief.

more later

Holy Christ. Just figured out how to turn on the satellite.(I'm at someone else's house) over two hundred channels?! USA! USA!

There are many more that don't work. Must have to pay more for those.

Well you picked a good day for it. A lot of people trying to exploit the situation to extort emotional attention. The next person who does some 9/11 posturing for me and expects an ego massage when know how little genuine emotion they are actually capable of is getting punched in the head.

First thing, ESPN has a NEWS STATION! And Barry Bonds hit 71 in a season? Where am I?

Bollix, it's many times worse than I thought. Driving back from LAX EVERY business that I could see had a flag up and about 15 to 20% of the cars. Looking through the channels every one has some twisted take on the terrorist attack... to get the suckers watching and, most importantly, staying tuned for the commercials. Just saw Barbara Bush imploring me to plant a tree for some poor lady that died in the towers. Fuck off!

p.s what is the "ad council?"

Hey Aurelius... where are you going to settle in?? LA? Orange County???

C

Doktor Bollix said:
Well you picked a good day for it. A lot of people trying to exploit the situation to extort emotional attention. The next person who does some 9/11 posturing for me and expects an ego massage when know how little genuine emotion they are actually capable of is getting punched in the head.
There's a thread on here right now that is just what you are talking about, DB.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of genuine emotion, but those of us who remember all the Americans crying on the streets when Diana Windsor died get a little skeptical when it comes to mass displays of feelings. People are shallow bastards. Brits did it, because she was part of their royal family and they are irrational on this topic, but you can't expect me to believe Americans gave a fuck. Some girl told me she cried for 3 days after it. 3 days!

Now with 9/11, the merchandizing has started. There will be 9/11 Happy Meals in McDonalds next, with an Osama collectible action figure.

Even my neighbor, who maintained for 2 or 3 days last year that the planes crashing into the twin towers was just an accident, wants a hug this morning.

Top Bottom