Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back From South Padre Bike Rally WHAT a WEEKEND!!!

curling

We rode down Thursday night took about 4 hours to get there. Friday we went to Mexico with my wife on the back of my chopper. A friend was following me in the left lane of the freeway to McAllen. Anyway I was behind this rider truck and he slows down. After he was clear from my view I know why. There was this old wetback fixing to try to cost the freeway on a bicycle. I look at him and shake my head no and soon as I got beside him(doing about 75mph) he picks his bike up and tried to hit me with it. I swerve all the way to the right but not to the next lane because an 18 wheeler was in it. I turn around and lose all Christian composure and flick his butt off cussing the whole time.

I ride about 2 miles and look behind me and see my wife crying hysterically. So I pull over wondering if he hit my friend. He said he tried to hit him but missed too. He said some cop was chasing him in reverse down the shoulder. I hope they catch him and execute him.

Now comes saturday morning. I enter the bike show and lose to a new Big Dog which I think I got ripped off and two old school bobbers. Then this dude tells me I should try to use my nitrous in 2nd gear so I leave the convention center and hit the button it took off like a rocket but then I lost power with no gears and thought I blew my tranny. I pull to the side of the road and my friend says you almost hit me with that dang belt that flew off. I threw the drive belt. Rally over for me I thought. But I found a 132 tooth BDL belt and found a one legged mechanic to help me put it on. It took 6 hours then and then low and behold I was riding again(changing a belt out is a major repair)

We went to see Hotel California(a really good eagles cover band) and then 38 special. Had a good time wake up Sunday morning and start to ride home with my friends. . Right around Ramonville I try one of my chopper stunts where I stand up on the rear pegs and put one leg off the otherside of the bike at 85mph and my bike starts wobbling. I thought is the wind blowing that hard? And then it got worse and it made me wonder if the one legged mechanic put my swingarm on wrong. So I pulled over and sure enough I had a flat. So I layed down on the shoulder of the road to take a nap(waiting for my wife to catch up with the trailer) until my friends told me to get up people looked wigged out when they passed( I guess they thought I was dead).

So I loaded up and drove the rest the way home. But even after all that trouble I still had a blast. I mean to repair a drive belt at a bike rally with limited tools was quite a challenge and a accomplisment and only then to get a rear flat is just some terrible luck.

curling said:
So I loaded up and drove the rest the way home. But even after all that trouble I still had a blast. I mean to repair a drive belt at a bike rally with limited tools was quite a challenge and a accomplisment and only then to get a rear flat is just some terrible luck.

Who runs nos on a belt driven bike...??? Switch to a chain final drive......

We are leaving Tuesday for Biketoberfest.

pitbullstl said:
Who runs nos on a belt driven bike...??? Switch to a chain final drive......

We are leaving Tuesday for Biketoberfest.

I guess I do. Little hard to do because my pully is also the rotor. I guess I am just going to use the juice in 4th or 5th grear from now on.

Have fun tell me if the cops are as bad as they for Daytona? I want to do that one one day too.

But seriously pitbull you are not a little impressed that I got that belt fixed at a rally site?

Top Bottom