Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Asphalt Assasssssses - the first of MANY MANY MANY stupid KB questions

KillahBee

What is the point of fiber carbon mirror/turn signal/bar ends mods?? I'm talking for your average biker, not a racer?

(tee hee at me now using "mods" in my vocabulary)

picked up the bike today. :)

Honestly It is just for looks
CF weighs less than typical Fairings and parts
I like CF stuff..I think it looks sharp on the right color bike

Wulfgar said:

I figured all that. Dude put CF turn signals on my bike. He threw in new CF mirrors and bar ends (in packaging, not installed).

Wulfgar said:
TITCR. My bicycle has a carbon fiber frame, fork, handlebars, stem, seatpost and I'm still debating CF brake/shift levers. It doesn't make me any faster but I look DAYUM GOOD going slow. :)

just learn and have fun with this bike. . .save your money till you move up to an r1 (or what have you). . .trust me. . .it won't be long before you're yearning for something more radical :evil:

bar ends help you if the bike goes down, it will hit the bar ends and not snap or destroy the clutch and/or brake lever therefor thrashing your master cylinder and/or piston.

i would invest in some frame sliders too. WELL worth it.

CF parts for racers save weight in the totallity of building a bike for the track...it all adds up to reducing rolling weight, and dry weight. less weight= faster bike, less braking, less stress on rider and machine.
street guys grab a littler bit of an edge, but mostly cosmectic purposes.
dont buy anything for that 500 other than bare necessities. keep it in top running condition- thats all.

when its time- we'll go shopping. ***** i need to see the tires bro- when you can.

Top Bottom