Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone use Hammer Strength Equipment

LCBUTLER

A gym I am visiting has Hammer Strength equipment..it was great for my back workout last night, I am up for chest tonight....can the Hammer Strength incline sub for incline dumbbells? Or should I do the dumbbells first then go the HS machine?....I have just never used this equipment before.

I would appreciate some opinions......

Thanks

LC

:angel:

Its different for everyone. You should change it up from time to time and find out what works good for you. Do the dumbells first then try the H.S. I personally like to have as much control as possible with the dumbells so i do them first but its good to switch it up too.

I agree with Torch on this one. My gym as a bunch of HS equipment...... it's ok.... but it's just not free weights. However, it's good when you don't have anyone to spot you when you really want to go as heavy as possible.

I really like the 'behind the neck millitary press' Hammer Strenght machine we have. I have a bad shoulder and can't do them with a bar bell because it hurts too much... but the HS machine is great!

HEY LC I USE THAT MACHINE EVERY 3RD CHEST WORKOUT. I FIND IF I SUPERSET INCLINE HAMMERS WITH INCLINE FLYES I GET A HUGE PUMP AND I FEEL IT FOR DAYS, GIVE IT A TRY MAN.

JERSEYJ said:
HEY LC I USE THAT MACHINE EVERY 3RD CHEST WORKOUT. I FIND IF I SUPERSET INCLINE HAMMERS WITH INCLINE FLYES I GET A HUGE PUMP AND I FEEL IT FOR DAYS, GIVE IT A TRY MAN.

Thanks everyone...for the input. I think I will try the superset you mentioned. I will probably do the incline bells first. Then move to the HS. Sounds like it's good equipment....people seem to like it.

Thanks again,

LC

Love the Hammer Strength machines. Been at this for a while, and they're great for going heavy, especially if you don't have a spot. Range of motion is decent, better than all those other crap machines. It's the only machine I'll use if I'm not doing freeweights. You can really push yourself without much chance of hurting yourself and setting your results backwards. Give 'em a couple of weeks and you'll see.

The Buzzard said:
Love the Hammer Strength machines. Been at this for a while, and they're great for going heavy, especially if you don't have a spot. Range of motion is decent, better than all those other crap machines. It's the only machine I'll use if I'm not doing freeweights. You can really push yourself without much chance of hurting yourself and setting your results backwards. Give 'em a couple of weeks and you'll see.

Do you find you can push the same weight with the HS...like if you can incline bench 275...is it about the same on the HS machine...?

if possible always go for free weights. machines are just pushing and pulling where free weights you have to control the movement and that really works the muscles. i only use hs if i dont have a spot or just to change it up for a week or two. but it should not be part of your main workout regimen. as for weight comparing the two that is not important. weight is not important in bodybuilding, that's strenght training. as long as the muscle is being worked to its fullest its fine.

Top Bottom