Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone know of a really good self employed job?

Generic MALE

My ideal self employed job is one in which you work from home, have no employees, and the hours are very flexible. Anyone know of such a one.

I have a friend who collects bad debts. He buys portfolios from the bank of people who owe the bank money but the bank has given up on-it is all credit card debt. It is then his job to collect the money anyway he can legally. He buys the portfolios about 4 cents on the dollar, and he gains about 40% of the value of the portfolio. For example a portfolio of $100,000 of bad debt might cost him $4,000. In return he might collect $30,000-50,000. Of course there are some costs that must be subtracted from that : phone lines, paying servers to file papers, paying repossession companies to go and take someones car, etc. Downsides - he has had to completely make himself unfindable and uses a legal alias for his company because people get real pissed off and he dies not want someone coming to seek revenge. Ex. In this state it is legal to get a judgement against someones car for outstanding debts, - he gets the judgement, has a repo company go take their car out of the driveway, then calls the people saying if you want your car back come up with some cash. I am not sure I would want to be pissing that many people off - but he works from his home, has no employees, and he can do his work just about any time of the day - just has to make some phone calls, send information to servers, set up things with repo people, contact the bank via email/mail/phone etc.

I own a small (very small) business. Next week my school is in full stride. Its a pretty demanding program. Between work and school I end up putting in about 40-60 hours per week, then on top of that I have to run the business - which is about another 30 hours per week on the average. I am dreading doing that much longer. I am s-i-c-k of employees etc.

Any suggestions for real life self employment opportunities that you feel are good would be appreciated.

what your friend does actually sounds really fun. and it sounds like pretty damn good money too. maybe i should drop out of college and just do that.... hmmm...

So , basically, your friend is just a middleman between the bank and the repo company.

Most repo companies do this process themselves and the bank contacts the repo company directly and have them contact the owner of the property and come up with the money. I just don't understand why they would need your friend when he doesn't really do jack shit.

Tell me some more about what he does and I want details.

Ive heard of doing this before as well, I went to see a guy that would do this with real estate, buying plots, land, and peoples houses from the bank, he said at first he was in debt because nothing happened or forclosed for a few months, but once they started forclosing and turing properties over he would make extremely good money, like a 60% profit, then after you pull a few tricks you can keep buying more and more then the tricks really pile in.

but I wouldnt do it by myslef right away, I would do it as a side job under someone for a while until you got good at it

Top Bottom