Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone know how to poke a hole in glass without shattering the rest of it?

Sub-Zero

High End Bro
Platinum
does anyone know how to poke a hole in a glass bottle like by heating it with a lighter (it obviously wont get hot enough like that) and poking into it with a knife? or if i take a a knife and hammer can i chip away pieces slowly untill it works without shattering the whole bottle? thanks

Should have taken shop classes in H.S. rather than all those fancy smancy college prep courses.

SublimeZM said:
does anyone know how to poke a hole in a glass bottle like by heating it with a lighter (it obviously wont get hot enough like that) and poking into it with a knife? or if i take a a knife and hammer can i chip away pieces slowly untill it works without shattering the whole bottle? thanks
No, honey. You get a drill press and do it with water. don't force the bit. Let the bit do the work and go slowly. The bottle will be clamped down.

HTH

Get a nail slightly smaller than the hole you want to put in the glass. Heat the nail either with a torch or a stove burner (needs to be red hot). Hold it with some pliers and poke it through the glass and pull it back out before it cools.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I'd just go buy a bottle incense burner, pre-drilled, less aggrivating.

On another note...

If you throw the ceramic looking portion of a spark plug into a piece of glass, it will break with very little effort. It would break a windshiled a window, anything really. I think it just puts a hole right through it without shattering it. I'm not positive of how it breaks, but I do know it's very effective. Try it and let me know.

don't.

Top Bottom