Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone know anything about silk screening t-shirts for profit? I love t-shirts!!

Area5150

You ever notice how t-shirts are great conversation starters? You can be the quietest person in the room, but if you're wearing a cool t-shirt with a slick saying on it, somebody is bound to make a comment to you. That's what I like about t-shirts, they're great conversation starters. I sometimes think of witty sayings that I think would look good on a t-shirt.

I see alot of the t-shirt sellers on Ebay are Powersellers. Most all of them are silk screened t-shirts and not the el cheapo iron on type. I don't know squat about selling t-shirts. Do you have to pay the silk screener a good chunk of change before you even sell your first shirt? Would one need alot of start-up capital?

Not that expensive.

But good luck in a cluttered market. And don't even think of doing anythign that involves copyright infringement.

Getting into stores will be out of your league unless you can demonstrate demand, and the ability to fund new orders quickly.

Razorguns said:
Not that expensive.

But good luck in a cluttered market. And don't even think of doing anythign that involves copyright infringement.

Getting into stores will be out of your league unless you can demonstrate demand, and the ability to fund new orders quickly.

Razorguns, when you say that it's "not that expensive," are you talking about an operation where the vendor/seller contracts the services of a screenprinter? I mean, as opposed to the vendor buying the screenprint machine and making the shirts himself.

I don't have the means of renting out a storefront to house a screenprint machine and all the hardware that goes with it. If I did something like this, I wouldn't even have a storefront, nor would I approach stores to sell my shirts. I'd sell them all online and on Ebay. I notice alot of t-shirt vendors on Ebay are Powersellers.

What I'm saying is that I'd have to pay someone to make the shirts up and then hope for a good profit margin between the wholesale and retail price.

find yourself the equipment on E bay. for real.

I actually built on oven for a shop. They went out of biz after like a year--tons of competitors. I got the oven to a bartendress I know and she works 3 nights a week bartending in a crowded location and drums up business there and has been doing ok at it for several years. Of course I think some dudes just buy her shit hoping to get down her pants, all I had to do was give her an oven, lol.

Top Bottom