Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here ever get any nookie in a sauna?

do you guys talk about EFers while at beer club? something like "I wonder if pick3 is really gay?" "I bet pdaddy doesn't look like Paul Walker in real life" "that nan sure is an attention whore" stuff like that ;)

Fuck no. We talk about ourselves.

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:
:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:

OMG, stop, please, seriously, stop, you're hurting me!!!

The thought that a fiscally conservative Republican such as yourself would give even the slightest consideration to what another human being finds ethically or morally offensive literally has me on the floor :lmao:

Yes, by all means. Let's associate anyone who wants to be prudent and responsible with their finances with being unethical and morally offensive. That attitude will work out just great as today's workers try to retire.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Brian. You could not possibly care less what anyone but you and yours needs or wants and you only give a shit about something being PC if it involves your wallet.

Good. So we both agree that economic forces drive behavior that is perceived as beneficial to society, regardless of the underlying motive. We're on the same page here! But guess what? This economist named Adam Smith figured that out before the revolutionary war. We're just 238 years too late. Let's put this in perspective: People had already figured that out about 10 years after Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity. We're just slow learners.

But definite props for trying to guilt me ... and the twist (conscious or not) on the ivory tower comment I hit you with a few years ago that really seemed to irk you, not bad at all.

I know you don't feel the least amount of guilt. Know when I'll know you don't feel guilty? It's when you stop accepting government benefits and pay 39.6% taxes just like the rest of the upper income tax bracket. Until then you can claim all the guilt you want, but you're still freeloading on the system.

Damn its almost 40% now? Must have gone up last time I checked.

Time for some "tax free income" if you know what I mean.

Damn its almost 40% now? Must have gone up last time I checked.

Time for some "tax free income" if you know what I mean.

It is almost 40% under Barry.

Now let's all pretend to be shocked that companies are spending billions on tax mitigation strategies.

Put that into perspective:

If a company can keep 3%-5% of its revenue before taxes, it's excited. So when you raise the rate from 35 to 39.5, the single-best line item they can manage on their income statement is taxes.

Ta-da!!!! Now let's wonder why tax mitigation has now become a fundamental part of how businesses are run.

20 years ago, taxes were just something we calculated at the end of the year and paid. Now, taxes are one of the top items we manage on our income statements. Instead of being an afterthought, it's now a fundamental part of every decision we make.

I ran across this issue around four hours ago today. We had a regulatory affairs position open and the question was: Do we hire the job in the US or in Ireland? The CFO quickly pointed-out that if we hired it in Ireland, we could increase our "presence" (IRS term) in Europe and recognize a slightly higher percentage of our profits there (10% tax rate) instead of in the US (39.6% tax rate). So even though the Irish social costs are higher, it's still better for us to hire the Irish person and enjoy the tax benefit.

'merica! Fuck yea!

Top Bottom