Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here a corrections officer?

bodytemple75

May be getting in......passed the test with flying colors, and hiring process. I had a snag, but since "The Who you know helps" We will see....

You guys like the job? ( I know what it involves...just asking for opinions once in)

bodytemple75 said:
May be getting in......passed the test with flying colors, and hiring process. I had a snag, but since "The Who you know helps" We will see....

You guys like the job? ( I know what it involves...just asking for opinions once in)

I used to be. 3rd shift through school. I personally didn't like it. Ended up growin up with the few cats in the joint! I found that you end up working with a bunch of correctional officers that, as a youth got picked on or what have you and go on a power trip. The thing is...the officer you relieve, can make things bad for you. If he was an asshole his entire shift...then you have to deal with a bunch of asshole inmates. It's not a hard job, but it's definetly not for everyone. I did it for almost 3 years and I wouldn't go back. you see some crazy shyt!

One of my close bros is a correctional officer for a medium/max joint. Basically it is a medium security with several max guys in it. Not a true max though. He has been there since he graduated HS. So he has over 5 years in there now. He doesn't like it at all. He says is really boring and there is never really anything to do, but it pays well and the benefits are really good. He just got transferred to a locked-down hospital wing. He is on 2nd shift now (was on third) and likes it a lot better there. But again, all he does is sit and watch TV with the inmates all shift. If they have to go to surgery, he has to go too. He has to gown up and everything. He just had to watch a hernia surgery two weeks ago. He said it was pretty sick. The only action he ever got was a few beats downs and tossing some cells. And one time a guard relieved him and the new guard fell asleep in the hospital. The inmate pulled out his IV needle and stabbed the guard about 12 times in the neck. He lived, and the inmate got his ass beat.

If I did get in...I would certainly heed your warnings about the job. I understand parts may suck, but the job is solid and I fel could handle it. I would give up gear alltogether for the job, if I had to but,...don't really know at this point what to expect from other C.O.'s about shyte like that.... You hear they don't test, and they do,...but ho knows. I just figured not to rock the boat, since I clearly look juiced to the gills.

I don't know about your area, but at my bro's place, they never test for anything. Hell, the guards would all get together outside and smoke a bowl or two. A few of them juice I know, and most of them are into some form of recreational drugs. I know, I know....our tax dollars at work.....

Thanks a lot bros......

I appreciate all the info. Anything that may be usefull...please feel free to contribute to the convo.

thanks

BT

I thought the pay for that wasn't so great?

My brother in law is a CO at a minimum security joint. Lots of sitting around toss a cell here and there and put up with the inmates bullshit. I do know that they do not test for gear (not that it matters, my bro in law does not juice).

I toured the Juevenile Justice Comittee prison in ...(I think) by or near Monroe township in New Jersey a few weeks ago. Now,...i am waiting to hear back from them. My family has a friend who is high enough up to nudge me in. I am not complaining at tell this guy constantly....."I appreciate your help." Good guy,.....like a old football coach personality. Anyway,.. the salary they tell me ranges from 39.5k-60k first year. I doubt you will make 60k, but I know these guys pull in some good bucks and the bennifits are great. Also relocation is possible, and a lateral transfer to regular policework is a possibility. All and all, I am willing to change my life a bit for this job.....(no more gear) but don't want to if I don't have to. I just look like I juice a lot. It is so obvious, that is why i get nervous.

Thanks guys

Comments?

Dial_tone said:
I thought the pay for that wasn't so great?

Nah... Up by me in Bergen County, N.J. a lot of guys are trying to get in. Pay scales from Recruit 39.5k-potential 60k. (so they say...) But I hear from almost everyone you make a good more than 39k first year. the benefitts are great, and you get the opp to go to regular police work if you desire eventually with a transfer. the cops and C.O. by me anyway are living nice. Bergen county here, N.J. is damn expensive too live here as well.

Top Bottom