Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone else have social anxiety disorder?And became a social hermit?

Well, basically i had parents that made me do athletics when i was younger. And they basically kept me from doing anything else. i got home fra school, did my homework, and then it was of to the track for several hours, then back home and to bed. Slowly as time went by i guess i got "scared" of being in big crowds and such. Im still not that good at it, but i got tons of friends and enjoy theire company. But i still love being by myself.

I had a good couple of anxiety attacks a couple of years back. Then i learned to meditate, and i managed to make them stop on my own. Pretty pleased with that.

I prefer to be alone 95% of the time.
I do not trust nor like most people outside of my family.
I'm well liked by most people who know me, and could have a large number of friends, but I choose not to.
I find that I don't "relate" to most people my age, and I have no interest in trying to. :)

i am starting to worry about myself. i find i do not do well in social settings. i have been told by many of my friends that i am "losing it" it all started with a really bad break up and i haven't been able to re-group. i am going to try to make a come back this summer though. i'm turning 21 and i think that is a good chance for me to go out and interact with people

I am an introvert. Extroverts are energinized by interacting with others, whereas introverts get drained. We like interacting with others but only for a limited amount of time and then we need a break. Extroverts can't stand to be alone very long. Introverts can be alone the whole day and enjoy the solitude. This is not the same as Social Anxiety which I have to a degree also. Medication helps greatly if the anxiety is disabling.

Top Bottom