Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else call in Gay Today for Work?

If Plunkey is correct humanity is evolving at an unprecedented rates. In 1990 7.5% of Americans were non-religious, in 2001 13.2% were non-religious, the current rate is 16.1% and those are Pew numbers.

Here is a video presenting the data...
Atheist Statistics For 2008 - Do You Believe These? | FlowingData

Since you are so well versed in "the basics of science", you'd recognize that this trend is artificially imposed on people trying to second-guess humanity's evolutionarily-instilled drive to seek-out a higher power.

Plot our ingestion of refined carbohydrates, sugars and processed fats over that same 1990-2001 period. Someone got clever and decided to "evolve" the human food profile as well. We can all see how well that's working in our obesity and obesity-related disease rates.

Society tries to outsmart evolution at its own peril. We'll never learn. Hopefully we'll figure it out before we have to issue mandatory gastric bypasses in first grade and install xannex/prozac/aderol dispensers in elementary school bathrooms.

Nef is right, everyone else comes off as homophobes to me personally.

There is a huge chasm between being a homophobe and being someone who doesn't want homosexuality taught in elementary education. What percentage of guys want a threesome at some point in their lives? So should we offer classes with "no details, just the basics" on how it's fine for fourth graders to want to have sex with two women at once? Should we also explain it's perfectly normal for them to want to tie-up or otherwise restrain their partner at some point?

Instead, why not teach the reproductive aspects of sex only, and then have the parents address other issues?

But shouldn't it be presented simply as a fact (i.e. homosexuality exists)?

Then leave it up to the parents to make or forgo the moral judgment.

And also, wouldn't it be safe to keep this out of elementary education entirely?

Yes.

I would hope so.

I'm really not sure, I think young children are or have the potential to be more sophisticated in their knowledge then we believe.

I don't care about the semantics, sexuality is sexuality regardless of the choices people make or face and children and teens need to be educated about the science and the emotion involved.

So, I'm curious, what would you have them teach in Sex Ed class? In the case of hetro, they teach how man and woman pro-create. They go into how to protect yourself from STDs and pregnancy.

Earlier to Plunkey's point, they don't go into bloodplay.

In the case of homo, what would they teach? The STD lessons are still covered, but what else is there (other then it exists)?

As for your other point, I agree that homosexuality is genetic. However, the part that I have trouble with is the amount of homosexuality that is genetic. Do I believe that some are born that way? Sure. Do I believe that ALL are born that way? Not really. I believe that some choose to. Now, you might say why would anyone choose homosexuality? The gays that I know are some of the kindest, nicest, loving people around. If a person was truly down or suicidal, I could understand why they would want to turn that way. Sometimes, when you don't love yourself, you can do amazing things.

There is a huge chasm between being a homophobe and being someone who doesn't want homosexuality taught in elementary education. What percentage of guys want a threesome at some point in their lives? So should we offer classes with "no details, just the basics" on how it's fine for fourth graders to want to have sex with two women at once? Should we also explain it's perfectly normal for them to want to tie-up or otherwise restrain their partner at some point?

Instead, why not teach the reproductive aspects of sex only, and then have the parents address other issues?

Yeah, put words in my mouth, lol. All I said is that there should be a genereal explanation. You took what I said and twisted it around because it is the only way you could make your failing point. I wasn't talking about beastality or sexual fantasies being taught, lol. Everyone including yourself understood what I was saying. You are coming off as someone who paints gays as being sexually perverse, equal to people who fuck animals and things like that. Big difference...
Gays are treated unfairly and lead tough childhoods, which is wrong and sad. By educating kids that this is just how some people are but they are still normal people like you and me is what is needed. I'm not trying to change your hateful demented view on this, I just want to get it straight so that others don't follow your ridiculous logic. If I was a gay poster on this board and saw some of these posts it would anger me alot, but I guess they expect the ignorance.

I don't care about the semantics, sexuality is sexuality regardless of the choices people make or face and children and teens need to be educated about the science and the emotion involved.
Science, yes. Emotion, no. (IMHO)

Yeah, put words in my mouth, lol. All I said is that there should be a genereal explanation. You took what I said and twisted it around because it is the only way you could make your failing point. I wasn't talking about beastality or sexual fantasies being taught, lol. Everyone including yourself understood what I was saying. You are coming off as someone who paints gays as being sexually perverse, equal to people who fuck animals and things like that. Big difference...
Gays are treated unfairly and lead tough childhoods, which is wrong and sad. By educating kids that this is just how some people are but they are still normal people like you and me is what is needed. I'm not trying to change your hateful demented view on this, I just want to get it straight so that others don't follow your ridiculous logic. If I was a gay poster on this board and saw some of these posts it would anger me alot, but I guess they expect the ignorance.

Some people don't think they are "still normal people like you and me". That's the point.

There are parents who don't want their children taught that homosexuality is "normal" and it isn't the public education system's job to make that value judgment either way. I'd be equally opposed to a school teaching that homosexuality is wrong. It isn't their place to call those shots.

P.S. That was the weakest flame I believe I've ever read on this board. I'd expect more, even from a self-proclaimed "Ambercrombe-looking guy".

Some people don't think they are "still normal people like you and me". That's the point.

There are parents who don't want their children taught that homosexuality is "normal" and it isn't the public education system's job to make that value judgment either way. I'd be equally opposed to a school teaching that homosexuality is wrong. It isn't their place to call those shots.

P.S. That was the weakest flame I believe I've ever read on this board. I'd expect more, even from a self-proclaimed "Ambercrombe-looking guy".

I never proclaimed to be anything, I said I worked there for two years. Many have seen my pics, they are no secret BTW. Not that it even matters what I look like, especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Why you would bring that up? The way you would explain it would have more to do more with it being throughout the animal kingdom including the human species and that it is wrong to discriminate against someone for these reasons. These kids don't even understand what a hate crime is and they can charged with beating up a kid because he's gay.

Top Bottom