Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone from or been to New Symrna Beach/Daytona Beach lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frorider6

Going there on vacation in a couple of weeks and just want to hear about it. We used to go there a lot when I was a kid, but I haven't been there in about 12 years and just wanted to know what's changed.

Also, there has been a lot of news of shark attacks in that area. Not a big shocker to me. Even when I was a kid they told us not to surf or swim near the jetty because that's where the sharks were. How about this year?

Come on down to South Florida. Where the real beaches are. Don't swin in that brownish green water up there. The only thing those areas has that we don't is a putt putt course on every corner.

New Smyrna:
Shark feeding Capitol of the South.. Actually the issue is that around Ponce Inlet Jetty there is a lot of Baitfish in the water and the water is usually murky.
Prime conditions for Human snacking in around 2-3 ft deep water.
The Jetty is where all the Teenie Bopper surfer honey's hang on the W/E.. Worth visiting for that reason alone.
Great wide flat clean beach. Perfect for Skim boarding.

This sleepy town has not changes much over the years.
No Malls, No Theaters, only 3 Grocery Stores and 1 Putt Putt course.

Not much to do outside of the Beach thing... Kinda Laid Back.

Daytona:
A bit on the Touristy wild side.
2 big Malls, Lots of stores and Bars and plenty of extra curricular activities. Biker Hotties up the Ying Yang all over the place.
Daytona Speedway, Gotta visit Daytona USA theme park thingy.
I don't care for Daytona or Daytona Beach outside of Speedweeks.

Too crowded for me

I'll be there with my girlfriend, my mom and her friend. Not going to be chasing women. Mostly just playing on the beach with my hottie.

I'd love to go to South Beach but that isn't where my uncle's condo is.

New Smyrna is for you then IMO....

Do you have reservations ?

Nice Holiday Inn or The Islander resort or several 2 room Suite places on the north side ..

I think one is called Oceana Suites.

We rent a Condo every July 4th for the week in New Smyrna and just do nothing.
The 4th is wild on the beach. People setting off major fireworks on the beach all night long.

Well, I was going to be there over the 4th, but I chose to go over Memorial Day instead. Funny, we could have met.

Was at New Syrmna today...great weather.....bad thing was there were more guys with g-strings than girls

New Smyrna or Cocoa Beach are nicer than Daytona. More things to do in Daytona but if you're looking for a place not as crowded hit Cocoa or New Smyrna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom