Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone been in fitness/PTraining sales or sales with a residual income?

calveless wonder

Ok...i'm asking because i'm trying to negotiate my commission and terms of compensation for a project im working on.

Basically, I been personal training at this gym/PT studio that focuses on semi private training. We ONLY sell personal training, there are no gym memberships. it's a relatively small but successful and growing business

anyways, her current sales structure is not that organized and could use alot of help..so after bouncing some ideas off and given my experience in management/sales...she made me the sales director and have more or less implemented my own protocol and sales system based on her business model.

however, when it comes to compensation on top of base salary, we're having a hard time figuring out a system. I'm not used to a commission based on a reoccuring monthly charge. all my sales experience has been transactional (one shot and done). she also doesnt have a concrete idea since she ultimately handled the sales by herself

All our packages are sold as long term contracts up to a year. No membership is less than 3 months and they're billed monthly in equal installments

which means the realistic feasible options are(given my research and thinking);

1.) One big commision rip right off the bat from the ENTIRE contract price. many big gyms do this, but she's not a Ballys or Golds with the resources to pay out like this prior to collecting. that would be ideal, but i understand it's not realistic

2.) Percentage off the total collected each month (A percentage of the EFT basically, every month). This works for her logistics but affects me because retention is more based on the business than it is me, and if clients are lost my commision is affected. That ultimately shouldn't fall on me even though her retention rate is pretty high because of the level of service

3.) a combination of 1 and 2, in which the first month a contract is signed I get a larger share of the commission, and in the ensuing months i get the rest of the payouts. she liked it but said from an administrative standpoint it could present problems and be hard to track

I'm leaning towards 3..i i think i'll be able to negotiate once i state my case. but also hard to figure otu what's a fair split since i been in this situation before???

Average contract ranges from $1500 to $8000

input is greatly appreciated

Top Bottom