Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future (very serious thread, but jokes are welcome, since its C&C afterall)

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future (very serious thread, but jokes are welcome, since its C&C afterall)

I'm only putting in a half day of work and its already half over so its cliff notes for now...

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future (very serious thread, but jokes are welcome, since its C&C afterall)

Opening a gym- Don't bother, most fold within the first 2-3 years. You have no idea how much equipment we put into new gyms just to buy it back two years down the road for pennies on the dollar and resell it.

Personal Trainer- If you really enjoy that line of work, great. But the money isn't going to be so great and its going to be a lot of time invested. Most of the time you'll work for a gym or company, they'll charge customers an insane amount per hour/session, and you'll see a small fraction of that amount. Plus you'll usually be required to drum up your own business. Only happy/successful trainers I know sell shit on the side.

^^^
Keep going, i'm intrested too,

Subz the professional trainer is cool but realistically speaking are you going to be the trainer for the washington captials? probally not, thats what i was told when i wanted to be sports agent.

Retail/Commercial Equipment Business (own)- Hard to get into the business, you need a lot of connections before starting out. Not to mention the whole, "takes money to make money" theory. But to give you an idea how our owner lives he's got a 1.7mil home (in the NW thats a big ass house) on the river, multiple sports cars, and takes about 15 vacations/trips a year (on one now even). The nice thing about high end equipment manufactures is they'll only deal with one local business, thats where the connections come in handy. Lets say you had the Precor line in your area, you'd be the only place one could get a Precor Elliptical or Treadmill in that city, you would have the exclusive on it. Again, hard to start out in this business, but once you get established its hard to be stopped. Our owner started our company back in the mid 70's, him and our general manager have even helped some of these larger companies engineer some of their first cardio/weight machines.

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future

SublimeZM said:
im pretty unhappy in my major, and im so increadibly passionate about all aspects of the iron world. bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, sports training, everything, even the business side of it such as gym ownership, fitness equipment production and distrubution, and all aspects.

if there is anyone who posts here and is willing to help me out in just PMing or discussing back and forth in some form or another, their path in life, and how they do financially and how they rate their success and how they achieved it, (such as college courses, degrees, possible contacts, even job opportunities- anything as much or as little that can help me achieve my dreams of finding a job in the field of iron)...

some possible career options iv been considering and trying to find out more about are stuff like sports team weight training, sports rehab, and on the more juicer side of things, even endocrinology.

if anyone can give any advice, help, or just discussion to help me find my path in life that leads to my desired goal of being able to make a living off something i love, please PM me or just let me know on here or whatever.

thanks yal

This is what I went through school like and graduated with a worthless degree. Live and learn. :)

get a jazzy user name and sell steroids on message boards?

Re: Are any of you EFers in the fitness industry that can help me out with my future

calveless wonder said:
def don't be a personal trainer............
they make shit even w/ a full book of business, and that in itself is not an easy task. on top of that the client turnaround is fairly frequent w/ a few exceptions, so you constantly have to attract new clients. Unless of course you're a trainer to the stars or some super exclusive clientele

nutritionists can make some decent coin if i'm not mistaken...and professional strength trainers etc can do alright, but again, depends on who you're servicing.

What about as a side job, in an upscale neighborhood with bored housewives, etc.

Sorry, had to eat, ok...

Sales- There is a lot of money in sales. My brother has told me that for years and I've basically told him to stfu. A really good salesman selling really good fitness equipment can pull in 6 figures believe it or not. And unless you're living in NY or certain parts of Cali that's good money. It takes about a year for us to properly train a salesman where he knows everything he needs about every product we deal with. It also helps if they're into fitness in general, as if you look the part people will be more inclined to trust you and listen to what you're telling them. It also doesn't take a college degree to get your foot in the door, so that could be a plus to some.

Top Bottom