x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Any network gurus in here...?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Any network gurus in here...? within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: At home, I use Comcast cable to get on the net, but the last day and a half I am unable to get anything... my modem is showing cable activity, and the PC link is showing activity as well... my wireless router is showing interent activity, but i cannot access anything from the laptop either... i tried uninstalling and reinstalling my netowrk drivers, but i still cannot access shit... is this a problem with my computer, or could it be an issue on Comcast's end...?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Any network gurus in here...?

At home, I use Comcast cable to get on the net, but the last day and a half I am unable to get anything...

my modem is showing cable activity, and the PC link is showing activity as well...

my wireless router is showing interent activity, but i cannot access anything from the laptop either...

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling my netowrk drivers, but i still cannot access shit...

is this a problem with my computer, or could it be an issue on Comcast's end...?

it's very frustrating not being able to access the net at home...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Olympian

Re: Any network gurus in here...?

i think if you call customer support they can diagnose it from their end too

At the squat rack, on the bike or right behind your woman

You should start with pinging. Open a dos command box and type "ipconfig /all" then hit ENTER. It should give you some ip address information. You have a router so the ip address is likely 192.168.blah.blah. Below that is a default gateway. Try to ping that by typing "ping 192.168.1.1 or whatever it says YOUR number is. If that works then ping the DNS server ip address which will also be listed there. If that works your internet should work. If it doesn't I would turn off the modem and the router for 30 seconds then power them back up.
    "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux

Quote Quote posted by diesel gli
    At home, I use Comcast cable to get on the net, but the last day and a half I am unable to get anything...

my modem is showing cable activity, and the PC link is showing activity as well...

my wireless router is showing interent activity, but i cannot access anything from the laptop either...

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling my netowrk drivers, but i still cannot access shit...

is this a problem with my computer, or could it be an issue on Comcast's end...?

it's very frustrating not being able to access the net at home...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
    Did you just install the wireless router ?? I designed and worked on alot of Comcasts network when I worked for Cisco Systems and they do some stupid shit for authenticaton where you must actually bridge thru your pc's netbios name if that means anything to you. Cisco created a workaround for it, but doing it in a residential type wireless router is not so easy. Has it worked on there before ?? get the ip information as stated ipconfig/all ping the default gateway which should always work, then get the dhcp lease information from the router and do the same thing, that's the place to start. If you cannot ping the default gateway on the ISP side, call them, that's a huge issue.