Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any network gurus in here...?

DZLS

At home, I use Comcast cable to get on the net, but the last day and a half I am unable to get anything...

my modem is showing cable activity, and the PC link is showing activity as well...

my wireless router is showing interent activity, but i cannot access anything from the laptop either...

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling my netowrk drivers, but i still cannot access shit...

is this a problem with my computer, or could it be an issue on Comcast's end...?

it's very frustrating not being able to access the net at home... :(

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

You should start with pinging. Open a dos command box and type "ipconfig /all" then hit ENTER. It should give you some ip address information. You have a router so the ip address is likely 192.168.blah.blah. Below that is a default gateway. Try to ping that by typing "ping 192.168.1.1 or whatever it says YOUR number is. If that works then ping the DNS server ip address which will also be listed there. If that works your internet should work. If it doesn't I would turn off the modem and the router for 30 seconds then power them back up.

diesel gli said:
At home, I use Comcast cable to get on the net, but the last day and a half I am unable to get anything...

my modem is showing cable activity, and the PC link is showing activity as well...

my wireless router is showing interent activity, but i cannot access anything from the laptop either...

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling my netowrk drivers, but i still cannot access shit...

is this a problem with my computer, or could it be an issue on Comcast's end...?

it's very frustrating not being able to access the net at home... :(

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Did you just install the wireless router ?? I designed and worked on alot of Comcasts network when I worked for Cisco Systems and they do some stupid shit for authenticaton where you must actually bridge thru your pc's netbios name if that means anything to you. Cisco created a workaround for it, but doing it in a residential type wireless router is not so easy. Has it worked on there before ?? get the ip information as stated ipconfig/all ping the default gateway which should always work, then get the dhcp lease information from the router and do the same thing, that's the place to start. If you cannot ping the default gateway on the ISP side, call them, that's a huge issue.

Top Bottom