Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any home remedy, stretches, etc for sciatica?

H

heatherrae

I have it so bad that I can't even walk. I wake up several times in the night because lifting my knee or rolling over or just any little thing pinches the nerve even more.

For those who don't know, it is a condition where your sciatic nerve is pinched. Lots of pregnant women get it because the uterus sits on top of the nerve. It causes pain in the lower back that shoots down the buttock and into the leg.

I seriously am having a hard time even taking my dog to go pee.

I have to wait and see if my insurance will pay for a chiropractor or pt. If not, I can't afford to pay extra medical bills on my own now. So, I'm hoping there are some things I can do to alleviate it.

heatherrae said:
I have it so bad that I can't even walk. I wake up several times in the night because lifting my knee or rolling over or just any little thing pinches the nerve even more.

For those who don't know, it is a condition where your sciatic nerve is pinched. Lots of pregnant women get it because the uterus sits on top of the nerve. It causes pain in the lower back that shoots down the buttock and into the leg.

I have to wait and see if my insurance will pay for a chiropractor or pt. If not, I can't afford to pay extra medical bills on my own now. So, I'm hoping there are some things I can do to alleviate it.

I have battled sciatic nerve problems for years, hence the reason I got hooked on narcotics. It is very common with pregnant women, stretching sometimes helps. Hope it gets better for you.

I have tons of stuff I got from my chiro but not sure how much you can do as your preggers he gave me stretches and exercise to strengthin the area.

heatherrae said:

Get on the edge or your couch laying on the side that isn't hurting, the side you are laying on, bend your knee slightly. The other leg, drape it over the knee and put pressure towards the floor with this leg, at the same time pull your upper body back to the couch. This will relieve the pressure on the nerve.

ortiz34 said:
I have battled sciatic nerve problems for years, hence the reason I got hooked on narcotics. It is very common with pregnant women, stretching sometimes helps. Hope it gets better for you.
Oh, I feel for you. It hurts pretty bad!

WODIN said:
Get on the edge or your couch laying on the side that isn't hurting, the side you are laying on, bend your knee slightly. The other leg, drape it over the knee and put pressure towards the floor with this leg, at the same time pull your upper body back to the couch. This will relieve the pressure on the nerve.
OHHHHH>.....thank you!!!!!

I'm going to drop you 1000 k bud!

superqt4u2nv said:
I have tons of stuff I got from my chiro but not sure how much you can do as your preggers he gave me stretches and exercise to strengthin the area.
I dont' want you to have to type a book but any suggestions are appreciated greatly. I don't want to be bedridden and it is getting that bad.

heatherrae said:
I dont' want you to have to type a book but any suggestions are appreciated greatly. I don't want to be bedridden and it is getting that bad.
I am crap at explaining things but I will try. My pain was on my right side so if it is your left do the opposite. LOL

Lay on your back in bed put your left leg on a 45 degree angle cross your right leg over it clasp your hands below the knee and pull your leg in to your chest. Not sure if that is possible cause the belly.

superqt4u2nv said:
I am crap at explaining things but I will try. My pain was on my right side so if it is your left do the opposite. LOL

Lay on your back in bed put your left leg on a 45 degree angle cross your right leg over it clasp your hands below the knee and pull your leg in to your chest. Not sure if that is possible cause the belly.
Oh yeah, I think I can still do that. I will definitely try it!

Try myofacia(SP?) release with a foam roller, that helps me out often. It helps temporarily, but at least it helps. My girl got that during pregnancy and still gets if every so often since, she uses this for about 10 min and she has relief for at least the day or more. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Top Bottom