Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ANXIETY........... who's had it or has it??

decem

1. do you have it?

2. if you answered "no" to #1 ya might as well go on about your bidness in another thread..

3. how long did you have/have you had it?

4. what signs/symptoms do you experience when you have it?

5. what seems to intensify/worsen/bring about the anxiety?

6. what seems to get rid of it?

7. what rx drugs have you taken and which did you like the best and why?

8. how'd you get rid of it if you had it?

9. did you ever do meditation? was it with a professional that showed you how? did it work? did it help you find some deeply rooted cause that you never would have expected?

10. what other shit do you have going on in your life right now?

11. fuck.. i had more questions to ask but i'm on my 3rd beer and my sleeping pill is kicking in.. i'll ask more later as i come up with them.. please answer the above though if you get a chance.. thx..

I don;t feel like filling out your questionnaire decem. Why not tell us a funny or scary story about your anxiety?

those are a lot of questions. it seems that you have anxiety.

I have generalized anxiety, meaning the orgin is unknown. I can tell you all about it. If it's bad enough, you need medication.

1. Yes.

3. Four years. The first time I can remember being absolutely gripped by anxiety was when I was 19, and was working in an extremely high-pressure environment. It went away after I quit my job, and returned earlier this year when a lot of brown stuff hit the fan in my life. (Repeated bouts with illness, my mother being diagnosed with cancer, boyfriend leaving me high and dry in the midst of this and generally being a selfish cunt, etc.)

4. Dysphoria, panic, paranoia, and sometimes even vertigo (!) when I'd be trying to sleep at night. It was literally like a bad acid trip, without the visuals. Like being dropped into hell.

5. Drugs that affect dopamine, and stressful news.

6. 5-HTP, Gotu Kola, meditation, uplifting music, and a clean diet and regular excercise.

7. Haven't taken any, after reading addiction profiles. The prospect of being chemically dependent on a substance for my sanity scares me more than an anxiety attack does.

8. Things have calmed down in my life significantly, and the anxiety has gone away on its own. Nine times out of ten I could privately talk myself out of the anxiety, and when I couldn't, I'd ask a friend or family member to sit with me and remind me calmly that everything was fine. Having a support system helps immeasurably.

I hope you're asking in the abstract sense, decem, and not because you're suffering from anxiety yourself, although I doubt that's the case... what was always helpful to me when I would have a panic attack, is remembering that the world is not ending, it's just a neurotransmitter imbalance. It's all in your head. Literally.

1. not anymore i dont think

3. couple of years

4. feeling like i was going to die, feeling trapped, flashbacks of previous experiences, terror

5. reminders of previous events.

6. addressing the hopelessness that was giving birth to the anxiety.

7. i tried buspar but quit when i gained weight. it seemed to help though. xanax was also good while in the middle of a panic attack, but i didn't use it 24/7 like most people use xanax.

8. see 6.

9. no

10. PTSD, rage, depression, loneliness. i think.

Last edited:
1. Yes

2. N/A

3. Since March, strikes seldomly. My stress thresholds are significantly low, they used to be extremely high. Last anxiety attack experienced in early July, while writing a resume.

4. EXTREME stress, feeling of doom,gassy, nauseous, shaky, just fucking scared, too much energy sorta like an adrenaline surge, acid burn, headache, rapid heartbeat, feels as though I can't breathe, sensitivity to light or lack there of. I'm afraid of anxiety you get after waking up (since your brain hasn't fully defrosted and you can't talk yourself out of it...and everyone else is asleep). Very low tolerance...I must stress very low, the sound of my mothers voice just set me off even more. It's Hell as Ceebs mentioned.

5. Anything that would qualify as a stimulus for stress (work, bullshit from friends and family, disappointing others, anxiety itself is fucking scary, failure etc). Also anything mnemonically associated with anxiety (I feel awkward watching That 70's Show) because I watched that during a heavy anxiety period...Just being reminded of it.

6. SLOW exhalations (works wonders), meditations (I don't use this, I should), TV, talking

7. Drug free, hate dependacy

8. Accept that you have it, and when you feel stress just focus on something else...something simple that makes you happy. Use logic to talk yourself out or have someone else do it.

9. Nope

10. Generic teenage issues, I'm heading into university in september. I think it was a girl that was causing me an obscene amount of stress.

I think I got this from genetics, my father had this at my age and my mother has it. Although it kicked in as I started working out (probably overtrained or too much cortisol running amock).

Ceebs said:

what was always helpful to me when I would have a panic attack, is remembering that the world is not ending, it's just a neurotransmitter imbalance. It's all in your head. Literally.

that used to help me too. But if the anxiety is strong enough you are talking to a brick wall when you say that.

Ceebs said:

when I'd be trying to sleep at night. It was literally like a bad acid trip, without the visuals. Like being dropped into hell.

what do you mean by that? When i'm trying to fall asleep, it feels like my defenses are down and all the things that iddn't bother me during the day come at me full force. Right now i can think of a few bad experiences in my life but i don't feel anxiety. But when i am trying to fall asleep the defenses i have right now are not active. I usually just try to distract myself until can fall asleep.

Yeah, anxiety attacks vary in magnitude. I had one I had to suppress for hours in school...awful, ended up going home everyone in class was wondering why I left abruptly. Yeah, when your defenses drop...ugh, awful. Just try to keep your mind off of it as best as you can. The fact that you have anxiety is an anxiety stimulus itself.

Top Bottom