Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

American Idol - I KNEW HE WAS GAY- 'Idol' contestant's previous life: Male stripper

sugarlicious

'Idol' contestant's previous life: Male stripper

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/04/idol.stripper.ap/index.html

Story Highlights
David Hernandez worked as stripper in Arizona until last year

Hernandez performed fully nude for "mostly male" clientele, manager said

Hernandez earned raves for "Idol" performance of "Papa Was a Rollling Stone"

Next Article in Entertainment »

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "American Idol" contestant David Hernandez once entertained audiences by removing his clothes instead of singing tunes, a manager at a male strip club in Phoenix told The Associated Press.

David Hernandez worked steadily at a Glendale, Arizona, strip club for three years, said the club's manager.

The 24-year-old finalist from Glendale, Arizona, once worked as a stripper at Dick's Cabaret, appearing fully nude and performing lap dances for the club's "mostly male" clientele, club manager Gordy Bryan said Monday.

"He had the look and the type that people like, so he made pretty good money here," Bryan said.

It's not clear whether a history as a stripper could disqualify Hernandez from the competition. In 2003, finalist Frenchie Davis was dismissed because of her appearance on an adult Web site; but last year, Antonella Barba remained in the competition after racy photos of her surfaced on the Internet.

Fox spokeswomen Jill Hudson did not immediately return telephone calls seeking comment Monday.

According to Bryan, Hernandez steadily worked at the club for three years until September 30, 2007.

"He never renewed his licensing with the state, so he hasn't been on my roster since then," Bryan said.

Bryan said he was aware that Hernandez was a vocalist, but that Hernandez never sang at the club. Bryan said he now believes Hernandez stopped working at the club because of his participation in "American Idol." Hernandez has never been referred to as a stripper or former stripper during the Fox singing competition.

Rumors of a stripper past -- along with photos of a scantily clad Hernandez working as a bartender at gay nightclub Burn -- were first posted last week on VoteForTheWorst.com, a site that encourages "Idol" viewers to vote for "the bad and truly entertaining contestants."

Don't Miss
EW.com: 'American Idol' Central
"It was like moths to a flame," said VoteForTheWorst.com founder Dave Della Terza. "As soon as I posted that, we started getting 10, 20 letters every single day from people saying, 'Yeah, he's a stripper in Phoenix.' "

Terza and other members of VoteForTheWorst.com community scoured MySpace, Photobucket and other social networking and photo sharing sites to find information and images of Hernandez. Terza said he contacted the club to confirm the Internet chatter, but they never got back to him.

"They said they couldn't give me a statement before talking to their lawyers," said Terza.

Hernandez, who originally auditioned for "Idol" in San Diego on July 30, 2007, is in the Fox singing competition's top 16 contestants. Last week, he earned rave reviews from the judges after his performance of The Temptations' "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." He is scheduled to perform with the other male contestants on Tuesday's show. E-mail to a friend

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

I think that Danny Noriega looks like William Sledd from UTube.

Gay men in AZ. must have bad taste in male strippers too. I do not find him very attractive, Sugar.

I had a friend who was a stripper when I lived in Miami. He stripped mainly for males because that was where the money was to be made in stripping. He was 100% straight.

heatherrae said:
I had a friend who was a stripper when I lived in Miami. He stripped mainly for males because that was where the money was to be made in stripping. He was 100% straight.

Pics? lol

vixensghost said:
Pics? lol
I don't have any...lol. He was tall, blonde, blue eyes, muscular but lean. He was sort of a "whoa is me" and "whiney" art student, though. That was a turn off. He wasn't really my type at all.

Well i dont think David Hernandez from American Idol is straight
He also worked in a gay club, behind the bar shirtless....hmmmmm
Regardless this is bad for him, since his on American Idol

BUT everyone has a past and people do what they have to do to get by, does not make them less of a person

not that there would be anything wrong with him being gay, and I haven't ever seen him because I haven't watched any AI this season, but I also had a bf who tended bar at the gay bar here in Louisville. He made crazy money there, because he was gorgeous. He said that the guys there don't know it, but almost all the bartenders there are straight.

heatherrae said:
I don't have any...lol. He was tall, blonde, blue eyes, muscular but lean. He was sort of a "whoa is me" and "whiney" art student, though. That was a turn off. He wasn't really my type at all.

I married a blue eyed blonde whiner. lol I kid, he does not whine- much!

Sugar, it shall proove to be interestimg if AI takes a stand on his past "work experience". I think they canned a chick a few years ago for naked pictures she had out on the net. I do not recall her name.

Reactions: AAP
vixensghost said:
I married a blue eyed blonde whiner. lol I kid, he does not whine- much!

Sugar, it shall proove to be interestimg if AI takes a stand on his past "work experience". I think they canned a chick a few years ago for naked pictures she had out on the net. I do not recall her name.
Yeah, that chick was GOOD, too. She wasn't very pretty, though. Last time they let a pretty chick remain on the show who had revealing photos out on the net. Didn't seem to fair that they let the other chick go under similar circumstances.

Top Bottom