Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcoholism and my wife....

U

Upper-cruster

How could one give up alcoholism?

My wife has been drinking for the last 5 years almost every day an getting real drunk at least 3-4 times a week..

She gets verbal abusive when she is drunk but very morning she remember nothing and she is a total different person; kinda Dr.Jeckel and Hyde...

Morning,afternoon=nice
Evening,night=bitch.

I seriously consider a divorce as the life is pure hell and I dont wanna continue if she cannot get rid of the bottle.

Any sugestions as to how she could give up the alcohol?

give her an ultimatum, sobriety or separation. take her to a doctor to have her liver checked out as a scare factor.

good luck, you'll definitely need it.

mylife said:
give her an ultimatum, sobriety or separation. take her to a doctor to have her liver checked out as a scare factor.

good luck, you'll definitely need it.
She wont even go to a doctor ...even is she is sick...

Ultimatum has been given a few times..once she even quit for 2 months but unfortunately she started again.

She is a highly educated person--Deputy Attorney--but with a serious problem.

When she drinks we get into fights and she turns into a real devil and she stumbles when she walks into the house..

Once she left the door opened ajar before she went to bed..I always wake up after she comes to bed to check the doors and make sure everything is locked...

The scariest thing happened 2 days ago when I after I woke up at 2:00 Am...she wasnt in bed and I went to see where the hell she is as sometimes she falls asleep in the living room drunk...

She wasnt anywhere...........................

When I opened the door she was lying in front of the door in her underwear!!!!!

Fortunately the side door is hard to be spotted from the street..

Of course today is drunk again...

tuc biscuit said:
Video tape her when she is drunk, then play it back to her the next morning.

that is a very good idea. Also, stay true to the ultimatum. Give her one shot. If she doesnt stay true to it, end it.

wow this is crazy. You need to get her some real help. Dont' wait on this, try to introduce something new and exciting in her life at the same time you try to ween her off the sauce. It always helps

tuc biscuit said:
Video tape her when she is drunk, then play it back to her the next morning.

Worked with me. I haven't had a drink in 5 ++ years.

Plus if she has to go to a rehab pack her up and send her off. I was fortunate enough that my dts weren't too bad or anything. But I've seen people crawl the walls too going through alchohol withdrawal.

I feel for you. The sad truth is, she will not get help until she wants it. There is nothing you can do to force her into recovery. Every reformed alcoholic has to hit their personal bottom befor they begin the road to recovery. For some, this means losing everything (house, family, job, so on) for others the bottom-out point is not so low, as in the example Wodin gave of himself. And for some, they never do acknowledge an alcohol problem and die a drunk (my dad).

However, there is something you can do for yourself. Go to a Al-Anon meeting. These are for the friends and families of alcoholics. There you will learn the coping mechanisms to deal with your wife's disease as well as learn about the disease it's self.

Upper-cruster said:
How could one give up alcoholism?

My wife has been drinking for the last 5 years almost every day an getting real drunk at least 3-4 times a week..

She gets verbal abusive when she is drunk but very morning she remember nothing and she is a total different person; kinda Dr.Jeckel and Hyde...

Morning,afternoon=nice
Evening,night=bitch.

I seriously consider a divorce as the life is pure hell and I dont wanna continue if she cannot get rid of the bottle.

Any sugestions as to how she could give up the alcohol?

No offense UC, but whats with the dodgy English? Is it a second language or do you just type fast?

My father in law is an alcoholic. He's been sober for 14 year's now though.

It's an ugly disease! Destroys the entire fabric of family and life itself!

What made him stop boozing? His wife (my mother in law) had the entire family go to AA meetings. He, of course, did not go.

After all was said and done healing herself and her kids, she told him they were leaving him die in his bottle. She handed him seperation papers, rented an apartment and took her kids away from his destruction.

It took him four months in a clinic to get straight. He's been sober for 20 year's now.

Good luck, it's going to get ugly before it gets better for you and your wife!

Do you have kids? If nothing else, get them some help with understanding this disease/addication!

Top Bottom