Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alcoholism

mystique

What defines an alcoholic? By how frequently and how much they consume alcohol? Or the reasons why they drink it?

samoth said:
The moment it begins to interfere with their life.

What about the guy who rarely drinks, but has one to many at the office Christmas party, pulled over and gets a DUI. It has interfered with his life, but I wouldn't call him an alcoholic.

Alcoholism has nothing to do with how much you drink. You could be an alcoholic and never touch a drink in your life. It has to do with the way your body processes alcohol.

When you have told yourself that you need to cut down or quit yet you find yourself doing it again and again. When you sit at home bored out of your mind when not drinking b/c alcohol has become such a big part of your life. When your finances start being affected to the point of bankuptcy yet you can't understand where all your money went. When you almost lose your job b/c of being too drunk yet you continue to drink. Basically, everything and everyone is telling you that it's the alcohol yet you continue to drink

hardrock said:

What about the guy who rarely drinks, but has one to many at the office Christmas party, pulled over and gets a DUI. It has interfered with his life, but I wouldn't call him an alcoholic.

that's an unlucky fucker.

it;s when the alcohol interferes with the ability to function productively on a regualr basis.

I worked with a guy from 1/3 who got drunk every night of the week that he didn't have duty. We'd get off work at 1000 and he was drunk passed out by 1130, wake up at 1800, drink til 2100, and do it again.

When you can't say "No."

When you HAVE to drink to feel "normal".

When you are planning your days/weeks activities around your drinking.

When having a drink becomes more important than family, work and/or friends.

When you can't stop drinking.

That's all I have right now.....

Joker

Stangfriik said:
When you have told yourself that you need to cut down or quit yet you find yourself doing it again and again. When you sit at home bored out of your mind when not drinking b/c alcohol has become such a big part of your life. When your finances start being affected to the point of bankuptcy yet you can't understand where all your money went. When you almost lose your job b/c of being too drunk yet you continue to drink. Basically, everything and everyone is telling you that it's the alcohol yet you continue to drink

There's the answer right there!!! When you know you have to stop, but you can't cause you can't!!!

Top Bottom