Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

African Americans are able to build more muscle more quickly-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lift Chief

This thread was deleted over on the anabolic board- but should certainly be fair game here.

Certian African Americans have more fast twitch muscle fibers than whites do, which amongst other things, allows them to build more muscle more quickly.

Kenyans originate from a different part of Africa. They ahve more slow twitch muscle fibers and a greater lung capacity, which is why they always win marathons.

Now while it's blatantly obvious by the way blacks dominate many speed oriented sports that they are genetically different, and yet some people still do no acknowledge this fact.

I will post some links to information about this topic:
1)
http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http:/...entine.com/reviews/montreal_gaz_recon.htm&s=a

2)
http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http:/...www.jonentine.com/reviews/chi_trib_03.htm&s=a

3) Ironically, if we accept Entine’s evidence (which is pretty sketchy), we cannot come to his conclusions. For example, he cites a study that compared the "slow-twitch" and "fast-twitch" muscles of French-Canadian (presumably unmixed Caucasians) and West African students (presumably unmixed blacks) and concluded: "The African subjects, by a ratio of approximately two to one, had more of the larger fast-twitch fibers. . . . The researchers concluded that the force generating capacity of type-II muscle fibers at high velocity, the speed and tempo of movements, and the capacity of an individual to adapt to exercise training are all genetically influenced."

Another study found that only 3 percent of Zulu tribal members had a gene "that blocks the body from producing aactinin-3, which provides the explosive power in fast-twitch muscles," whereas "20 percent of people of Caucasian and Asian background" have this gene. A third study (from 1957!) found that Ugandan babies "stood earlier and were more dexterous" than their white counterparts: "`The motor development was greatly in advance of that of the European infants of the same age.'" Finally, a fourth study concluded that black African (Entine’s text coyly says black) males "can experience an explosive rise in exercise capacity" with "only a modest amount of training," "while even with far more effort whites don't improve nearly as much."

And, clearly, how hard one trains is paramount in the results they achieve, but the point of this is to acknowledge that blacks have an inherint advantage in certain athletic pursuits.

Last edited:
This could get interesting........I remember having to write an essay on this when at university. That one stirred up some serious shit hehehe.......some white guys don't like being told that the black guys are superior in some ways. Oh I'm white BTW.

Imnotdutch said:
This could get interesting........I remember having to write an essay on this when at university. That one stirred up some serious shit hehehe.......some white guys don't like being told that the black guys are superior in some ways. Oh I'm white BTW.

What did you say in your essay?

I'm white as well. Yeah when this was on the anabolic board people, including myself, got pretty passionate about it. It's pretty clear cut though from the passages i've posted so i don't see what counter-arguments people could have. This is basically applying certain biological facts- pretty straightforward as i understand it.

Lift Chief said:

What did you say in your essay?

I'm white as well. Yeah when this was on the anabolic board people, including myself, got pretty passionate about it. It's pretty clear cut though from the passages i've posted so i don't see what counter-arguments people could have. This is basically applying certain biological facts- pretty straightforward as i understand it.

Well it was a Biochemistry course (it was 10 years or so ago now so my memory is kinda hazy on this) so I went into the science a bit as you did in the first post........also talked about Glycogen content in muscles (ever wonder why black guys have well rounded muscles?). Then I stated quite bluntly that blacks are clearly more genetically gifted when it comes to particular sports.......thats a good way of upsetting a bunch of white poor little rich kids.

Could you be more specific on the 'asian' part? Asian can mean Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, Japanese..........etc.

It would depend alot on which genes you pick up from which parent too.

Burning_Inside said:
so does that make a black asian person the ultimate mix of body and mind as we know it?

when someone mentions Asian people, do you usually think "AHLALALALALALAL!!!!" or "5 dollah sucky sucky"?

oriental, there, how's that (even tho they hate being called that or so I read in National geographic)?

I think I read somewhere that the people with more fast twitch muscle firbre all originally acme from a certain part of West Africa. Now you will find these folks in the US and the Carribean and in the UK. They certainly dominate track athletics at a high level - I think that there is a definite genetic superiority for running FAST there.

I think there is the reverse with folks from a certain part of East Africa (parts of Ethiopia and Kenya). They are the best long distance runners in the world, without question. And it's not just that track is their national sport, although that helps, and not just the altitude, although that also helps. They just must have a higher natural Vo2 max or something.

It doesn't mean person A will be faster than person B, unless they train in an identical manner... kinda like a woman can squat more than a man if he doesn't train and she does, but with equivalent training, and starting BW, the guy will always be able to bench more...

Heh, very interesting.

Yeah, I have a black friend who's 6' 5+, weights 270 pounds, and can pick up my friend and run with him above his head (not that my friend is huge or anything, hehe)

Moral of the story? I'm trying to get him to start lifting. He's never lifted a day in his life, but if he's that strong to begin with I can't wait to see what he'd be like if he started pumping iron and cut up a bit (not that he's very fat to begin with)

Well I tell you guys what, If we were living in the middle of the fucking desert chasing monkeys around for food and running for our lives from lions and sleeping on dirt floors in grass huts for generations we also would have more fast twitch fibers. Solution: lets drop our kids off in the middle of the Sahara and let them fend for themselves and breed. I bet after a few generations they will have more fast twitch fibers than the current kiddies growing up on sunday morning cartoons, mcdonalds, and bicycles-bunch of doomed softies. Then we will be able to compete again without massive steroid use as claimed by bill romanowski to keep up with them. I say theres no substitue for a good ol aligator hunt and only coming back with 1/3 of your original hunting party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom