Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

61% of companies in America will not hire someone with a visible tatoo

thermo

At work, just read an article that said 61% of companies in America will not hire someone with a visible tatoo. I'm not sure if i'm buying that, but i guess it could be true.

Some guy out in California can't find a job because his entire body is covered in black and orange tatoo's and he had whiskers implanted in his face because he wants to be just like a tiger. He even went as far as having his teeth sharpened.

I wonder how many companies were surveyed, and from what areas they were, it didn't say.

So are you saying Chuckie Manson has no hopes of an executive position upon his release. I told him not to get the tattoo, it would make people think less of him.

See I guess I was right.

I wouldn't hire someone with a visible tatoo... uh oh! I can hear the RyanH police on its way. We must bother Congress to pass an affirmative tattoo law mandating that a certain percentage of employed workers must have visible tattoos... but hey, at least I'm not discriminating based on race. =)

-Warik

WODIN said:
You got a picture of this guy?

No, but what kind of yahoo would go in for surgery to get whiskers implanted in his face so he could look like a tiger, and have his teeth sharpened. Thats just insane.

I'd hire him to run customer service!

Even as a tattooed man, I acknowledge that sometimes tats are not appropriate.
That's one of the many things I've given much thought to as I've taken responsibility for my decisions and actions over the years.

But then again, isn't discriminating against tattoos discriminating against skin color???!!! <Just Kidding!!> :D

Weapon X said:

But then again, isn't discriminating against tattoos discriminating against skin color???!!! <Just Kidding!!> :D

I wonder what a judge would have to say if someone decided to sue for discrimination, if the company told them they weren't being offered the position because of a visible tatoo or tatoo's.

Top Bottom