Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

$329 billion defense bill submitted

Jimsbbc

WASHINGTON -- The Bush administration today submitted to Congress a $329 billion defense budget for 2002 that proposes cutting the Air Force fleet of B-1B bombers, retiring all 50 Peacekeeper long-range nuclear missiles and planning an unspecified number of base closings in 2003

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said the administration's amended 2002 defense budget is $18.4 billion more than President Bush had proposed in February and $33 billion more than the current defense budget.

The Air Force says the B-1Bs cost more than $200 million apiece. There originally were 104; 93 remain. The last one was built in 1988.

That is some expensive shit!!!!www.chron.com

Last edited:
have you read the new thing on passive radar that is making all of our stealth planes obsolete?
I thought it was a cool idea whoever thought of it. I forget where the biggest movement in it is but I thought they said China.
it deals with listening to normal background noise that is out there in radio frequencies and then finding signatures in the change in noise as various things pass through it.
sounds tough to me, but they having working stuff now. cool.
and you can't detect it b/c you can use a million different things to generate the signal, so it wouldn't be hard to tell what is normally supposed to be there and what is part of the passive radar stuff.
and the stealth stuff doesn't help apparently.

I think I either read this in the latest wired or the latest scientific american.

Outrageous!

My favorite part was how they mentioned a savings of $165million, as if that was somehow significant given the $329billion.

This money will be mis-appropriated and mis-allocated as so many governemnt dollars are.

Where it needs to go are servicemembers' salaries and on base housing. Where it will go is to fund research and development of weapons that will fail horribly in real world deployments, such as the missile defense, the LandWarrior system, and so much other crap.

Top Bottom