Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1st Accident

r00+

Never been involved in a motorcycle accident until this afternoon:

Riding in the center lane on a busy street, traveling 60 with traffic. The car ahead slowed to 45ish, I did too. Guy behind me doesn't slow quite fast enough. Tapped my rear tire, pushed my bike forward. I was quick enough to veer to the right, but my left forearm hit the car, shoved it through the tail light. Shredded my arm and broke it.

The guy that rear-ended me didn't even stop.

I didn't lay the bike down though, and the bike took no damage at all.

Scared me and pissed me off though.

That sux man.
I hope someone at least got their lic. number.

I've had several close calls, but luckily never been hurt.

Just get ready for all the bs about how dangerous a bike is.

Hope you get well soon.

big4life said:
Just get ready for all the bs about how dangerous a bike is.

Hope you get well soon.
LOL! That may not have been intended as a laugh, but if you think about it, what you said is hillarious in the context of this thread.

So did someone get the lic # of the prick that hit you & didn't stop? If not, you could've easily caught up to the a-hole had you not had to sort things out w/the driver in front of you. Your ins gonna have to pay or the driver's in front of you?

Hope the arm heals quick...and that you run into the hit & run mofo in a dark alley.

Fortunately, the car I hit only had a damaged tail light.
We traded info and then agreed that I'd give her 500 to fix it and not get insurance involved.

I saw the car, but not the license #. I think it was a student at a tech school near my office. So tomorrow I'll be riding through their parking lot looking for a baby blue Honda Civic, low rider with green interior.

The arm should heal fine, I was able to ride the bike to my doctor's office, cluthing and all. Not a bad break at all.

Two kinds of people who ride motorcycles........

1.. Those that have fallen off........

2.. Those that will......

I belong to the first category by the way..... and have thus retired from motorcycles......

Glad your ok bro....

Oh, I've laid bikes down before.
I do some track stuff a few times a year, and thats the only place I've laid a bike.

Except for that time as a 15 year old learning to ride a crv150...put it through my garage door and broke my wrist.

But yeah, there are two types of riders, those who have dropped and those that have.

The bike feels a little loose now, I wonder if the frame is tweaked?

Well I have had to lay them down or visa versa, but in major cases I maintained the ride and made it through. Be careful as the courts nowadays don't really enforce biker's rights.

I don't ride anymore due to a hip replacement from a easy bike wreck. Yours did not sound like a easy get off. I did have to have it replaced in less than 3.5 months or so. But had to wait to get it for 7 months, before I had it done by a charitable group that picked up the pieces. The insurance company would not do a thing for me as I was rearended by a pizza company. Godfathers brings up some bad feelings, but it was not there fault, just the driver.

I did win a suit against them, but in the long run, I got screwed.
The same could happen to you.

BE FUCKING CAREFUL. I found that dirt biking has saved my ass on the street more than once. Learn to ride the slide like I did on the dirt and you have a better chance on the street.

I sounds like you got a good education on that matter.

Good thing things turned out ok ...i'm retired from riding bikes some of those spills can be nasty!!!RADAR

Sorry to hear about the accident. I took my tumble in March, mine was the fault of a cager also. I was wearing my gear and came out of it ok. as far as the XX well, it took about $5400 to get her back together.

Stay safe and remeber to dress for the crash not the ride.

Top Bottom