Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

**EF MUSIC CLUB** (Like a book club, but can be done online, new idea)

Lestat

MVP
EF VIP
Ok so I have no idea if this has ever been tried before, but I think it would be cool.

First off, let me describe what a book club is, or at least one popular version. You get a group of people together, could be as few as 2 or 3, could be 20-30 or more. Usually somewhere around 10 people. You read one book a month, sometimes more, sometimes less, but usually its 1 per month. Each member takes turns picking the book that everyone reads, or sometimes the members vote on a variety of books that are brought in. Anyway, its a good way to force yourself to read, plus you get exposed to material you might not normally select on your own.

So here is my idea, and I know this goes in the music forum, I will copy it there too but would like to float the idea here in C&C and see if anyone has comments for ways to improve this, or let me know if they are interested and then we can carry it all on in the music forum going forward. Might drive some traffic there.

So the idea came to me because I love music. I like listening to different types of music. I only buy music in one or two genres though. I love hearing all different styles of music and would like to know what other EF members are into.

So everyone who wants to try would join. We could accomodate a large number of people, but a small group to start would help us work out the kinks.

We would set a time interval, probably a week, where one member would give a song, title and artist, and also provide a way for us to find the song to listen to (could be iTunes, could be their own website, could be emailed, etc). I am not promoting priracy here either by any means. There is a good chance you may need to spend $1 or so per song if you need to purchase them so before joining consider that it could cost you $4-5 a month.

Also we'd want people who would be active participants. People who would post thoughtful comments after listening to the song. Not just a "cool" or "thanks" but a little more feedback on what they liked, didn't or simply just how it made them feel. We could do a new song every week, or every two weeks, or two per week. I'm not sure what the ideal schedule would be yet.

If we did weekly, you'd get exposed to 52 songs a year. Some of them you would select, but most would be selected by other people.

Its also fun to share music that you found particularly profound to you or enhanced your life in a big way.

This would be something for openminded and generally positive individuals only. We don't need any negativity in a group like this. Its about broadening one's horizons, exposing something new to their consciousness.

fuck i love the new Breaking Benjamin CD and Stone Sour (Come Whatever May)

Wootoom said:
fuck i love the new Breaking Benjamin CD and Stone Sour (Come Whatever May)
would you be an active participant in a group like I described?

lol @ "we don't need any negativity"

you're so sensitive it's cute. I just want to pinch your cheeks while you were 9 years old and mommy was scolding you for not being a good christian boy

(i'll do it if you don't nominate tool songs 12 times a week)

swole said:
lol @ "we don't need any negativity"

you're so sensitive it's cute. I just want to pinch your cheeks while you were 9 years old and mommy was scolding you for not being a good christian boy

(i'll do it if you don't nominate tool songs 12 times a week)
I'm thinking we could rotate through members with each one choosing a song of their liking for the weed. It has to be something we can get though. I'd likely rip it from one of my CDs and use a web site to distribute it to other group members.

Lestat said:
I'm thinking we could rotate through members with each one choosing a song of their liking for the weed. It has to be something we can get though. I'd likely rip it from one of my CDs and use a web site to distribute it to other group members.

i like the idea, i'm always open to new music

or just make sure the song is readily available on limewire

or yousendit.com to host the mp3 file

swole said:
i like the idea, i'm always open to new music

or just make sure the song is readily available on limewire

or yousendit.com to host the mp3 file
yeah yousendit was what I was thinking. I think it'd be a good way to get to know some of the members here and share our favorite music.

Top Bottom