Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

***Computer Science question for the Computer Science geniuses***

stretch

I'm having trouble with one of my classes. It's called "Discrete Structures for Computer Science". It's a lot of logic, and inductive proofs. If you know of any way I can understand this subject better, please help!

Thanks,
stretch

Reading, studying, absorbing the previous to your fullest capabilities should do the trick. Its sort of the concept of school and the entire learning process associated. How about asking someone in your class to help, preferably a female. Either that or you need to find the answer sheet when test time comes around. Good luck! peace

I took that class last semester... have you taken "Linear Algebra" yet? The only way I did decent in that class (Disc. struct) is because I had Linear Algebra first, and that covered a lot of the same materials. On the plus side, if you have to take Lin. alg. in the future, you will be more ready than I was!

Feel free to email me if you find anything in particular that you have questions about.

[email protected]

Also, feel free to visit

http://www.math.uiowa.edu/~atkinson/c34.html

It is the course page of the class I took last semester. It has all the quizes, tests, and the answers for them (at the bottom). Those should help you a little to prepare for yours!

Last edited:
Thanks fellas,
I'm a straight "A" student, but for some reason this class is really giving me trouble. The textbook sucks!! It doesn't explain things good at all, and we've already come across a couple of typographical errors in the first chapter. I haven't had linear algebra yet. Hopefully if I make it through this, I will be more prepared for it.

Thanks again,
stretch

Hey Fantom... Are you a computer science major too?

Yeah, comp. sci major here... last semester, thank God! Do you have to take a class called "Intro to Operating Systems?" This guy that teaches here (Uni. of Iowa) is a Nazi, I swear! The students in this class have been working on an operating system called "SIC XE" (student initiated code, extended edition), and it is kicking my ass!!!!! We have to program using it, and no one knows how to use it!

By the way, proving something using induction is what they make you do in hell!!!! That is definitely the worst part of it all!

I'm not sure, but I think I heard my professor talking about a class similar to what your talking about (Intro to Op Sys). I think I'm going to set up a meeting with my Dis. Struct. professor and have her drill the info into my head. I know what you mean about professors that are nuts. One of my programming professors asks the class a question that he knows no one will be able to answer. When someone finally volunteers to take a shot at answering it, he talks shit about them in front of the class and makes them feel like an idiot. LOL I know it's funny, but it creates a terrible atmosephere for students trying to learn. Thanks for all the info Fantom.

stretch

Top Bottom