Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zma?

The Facts.

90% of athletes are deficient in the essential minerals Zinc and magnesium.
B6 is in there for absorption.
There is no point in taking 3 split dosages, especially when its best taken on a empty stomach.
Take the 3 caps all at night before bed.
Calcium inhibits Zinc absorption and ruins the synergetic effect, don’t take with milk.
Zinc promotes deeper sleep so bedtime is ideal once again.
In order for the synergetic effect, not the small test increase, you can take them in other forms.
If you want to take them, with better absorption and the test increase get them in the forms;
Zinc (Aspartate and monomethionine)
Magniesuim (Aspartate)
B6 (pyridoxide hydrochloride)
You can get a custom formula made from a local pharmacy, but will cost extra.
The mild test increase does cause a little acne in some users.
Taken in separate forms, not mentioned above will most likely stop this problem.
Zinc helps improve immune function, acne is bacteria, zinc helps acne to a degree.

Take it before bed. I had some from GNC did not help me sleep, I than got some from Beverly Nutrition...They work Great..sleep like a baby with the best dreams I've ever had (mostly about sex).

Rocket

ZMA to me is crap. I know i've posted this a hundred times, but i'm trying to save you guys some money. ZMA will not work if you are not Zinc deficient. If you supplement w/ Zinc you will not be deficient in Zinc.
As far as Magnesium goes, we do lose a great deal of it when we sweat and work out. But what don't we lose a lot of? There's many minerals that get lost, why not invest in a Multivitamin/mineral to avoid being deficient in any mineral.
The B6 is b.s., it may aid in absorption, but if you take enough of anything you will not need an absorption enhancer.

save your money

If you want to take them, with better absorption and the test increase get them in the forms;
Remy: why those particular forms of Zinc/ Magnesium. As in Aspartate and Monothionine?Won't Gluconate etc do? Whats the difference?
Also what dosages for each?

Last edited:
PANTS said:
Remy: why those particular forms of Zinc/ Magnesium. As in Aspartate and Monothionine?Won't Gluconate etc do? Whats the difference?Also what dosages for each?

Those forms just promote the best absobtion, methionine is an great carrier as an essential amino acid, precursor to creatine ect... It matches really well for Zn/Mg supplementation. But is a lot more expensive; almost all of the original formula was Zn monomethionine.

Latter formulas dropped dosages to 10 mg or less, or even all aspartate. The gluconate might be quite high, but its still behind the monomethionine.

You need 10.5 mg pyridoxine, 450 mg magnesium aspartate and 30 mg of zinc from either aspartate, monomethionine, but preferably both.

GNC in the UK only seem to have the Zinc Gluconate & Amino Acid Chelated Zinc forms.
With Magnesium: Oxide.
Will these do or should I not bother?

PANTS said:
GNC in the UK only seem to have the Zinc Gluconate & Amino Acid Chelated Zinc forms.
With Magnesium: Oxide.
Will these do or should I not bother?

You can custom order your own vitamin formulas from a pharmacy if you want, in the ratios and forms you want, just get a quote and go from there. Find a cheap online source even.

In other forms its just as good IMO for replenishing Zn/Mg levels as long as you take it at night and on an empty stomach, but dont expect the small test +, which is still secondary to just hitting the vitmain defficientcies. Your call, just weigh out the options.

ZMA is useless if you have a good diet and supplement with Zinc

but if you want to take ZMA you'd better take
Zinc aspartate 15mg (NOT ZINC OXIDE = BS)
Magnesium aspartate (400mg)
vit B6

Excuse my ignorance: but what does the "oxide" and "aspartate" actually mean about the mineral?
I take it aspartate is more bio-available?

Top Bottom