Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ZMA

Goldstein

Hey guys is ZMA really all it's cut out to be. I've been taking it for about six months and i'm wondering if it's really worth keeping up.

it's merely a vitamin that you need adaquate intake of, if you dont' get that through foods, supplement. magnesium helps with muscle cramps post workout, and zinc many metabolic processes (and anabolic ones too)

Goldstein said:
Hey guys is ZMA really all it's cut out to be. I've been taking it for about six months and i'm wondering if it's really worth keeping up.
I doubt it's all it's hyped up to be, but I'm not sure if saying it's "merely a multivitamin" is correct. It uses a specific type of mag & zinc along with vit B, and in specific ratios.

I've used it for about a month or so, but didn't notice any obvious results (at least weight or strength increases), though it did help me to sleep a bit better. My issue is that I'd rather take a protein shake mixed w/milk b4 bed than ZMA unless it obviously did more to help than the protein shake.

If you've take the stuff for 6 months YOU should be able to tell US if it's all it's cut out to be!!! :D :rolleyes:

Valdez said it right long time ago. He knew his shit, i haven't seen him here in a long time. But i agree, unless you're deficient in those minerals they wont do shit for ya.

I am thinking about trying this supplement but cant decide. I dont know if i am truly getting enough zinc and magnesium. I take a multivitamin its solgar vm-75.
magnesium is like 10 mg and zinc is also 10 mg.

I would naturally be getting some more from food.
What do you guys think, should i increase my zinc and magnesium intake. Is zma worth the money?

Is that the TOTAL amoung of mag & zinc you're getting from the multi? Some have you take 2 tabs/day so you're getting double what it states per tab. Double-check that.

Chances are you're not deficient enough in those minerals for ZMA to benefit you much. Before trying ZMA I was taking my multi plus 1-2 tabs of a calcium/mag/zinc supplement, so I seriously doubt I was deficient...that's probably the reason I didn't notice any gains from ZMA. It just helped me sleep better, which to some people is worth it anyway.

If you're really serious about finding out, have your blood tested and check the results. My opinion on ZMA is that it probably works, but ONLY if you're deficient in those minerals to begin with.

In my opinion ZMA sucks, I've taken ZMass, and ZMA Hp from EAS and haven't had any impressive results from either. I heard they only work if your difficent in these minerals.

My multivitamin is a one tab a day. However I take b complex, vitamin c tabs as well and flax seed oil.

I think the reason they say zma is effective is because the calcium nullifies the absorption of the zinc and magnesium found in ur multivitamin.

I guess zma is not worth the money.

Top Bottom