Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

zero carb protein powder...why?

liquidmuscle

if we all need carbs then why do they make a zero carb protein? I assume for cutting cycles but even there you need simple & complex carbs right?

maybe and i'm guessing it is so YOU can control the carbs and protein. Add some of a certian kind of carbs if you want or just protein.

very good ? liquid, especially since your body needs carbs to drive protein, I forget how much carbs you need, i think it was for every 12.5 grams of protein you need 4 carbs or something to use it. The carbs help make the protein work better or something.

i was thinking the same thing, you do need some carbs to process the protein, i just bought a 2.2lbs tub of isopure zero carb protein cuz thats all they had...can someone tell me what simple carbs and complex are?....

ye i think its like 1/3 the protein, so if you take 300grams of protein a day you need at least 100 grams of carbs to get a good benefit of it

forgot to respond to your other question

Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly. Many simple carbohydrates contain refined sugars and few essential vitamins and minerals. Examples include fruits, , milk, yogurt, honey, maple and sugar.

Complex carbohydrates take longer to digest and are usually packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. Examples are vegetables, breads, cereals, and pasta.

hope that helps

it's better to view carbs as either

1)high gylcemic (bad)
or
2)low glycemic

In the average person, consistent ingestion of foods holding a high glycemic index causes an increase in fat storage and adipose tissue, and increases the risk of Type II diabetes.
Foods and drinks that carry a high glycemic index trigger an undesirable insulin response. This reaction results in an excess of insulin in the blood stream. Controlling the glycemic index of foods and drinks allows for control over food-driven insulin stimulation and reactive hypoglycemia.

Top Bottom