Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who still shops at GNC?!

GNC shopper

• I do

Votes: 245 33.8%
  • I dont

Votes: 369 51.0%
  • show me results

Votes: 109 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing about GNC; you don't have to know anything about health, fitness, or nutrition to work there. Early on, I used to go in and ask questions, not knowing that the guy across the counter might know less than I do. I know a few people who work there(or used to). None are really qualified to give advice, but do.
The only useful thing they can do is report on what items people return a lot.

You people are funny, GNC is a retail place where professional training is not provided. I just quit my job @ GNC. All we get is a little computer program which takes you through basic stuff. Honestly, nobody reads it, although it is required to finish the program, but it is not inforced in most of the stores. I spent countless hours reading and researching different supplements, workouts, vitamins. If you ppl have access to the internet and boards like these, then search what you want to know. Nobody can know the answers to all the questions.

I shop and work at GNC as I am a Nutritionist and Wellness Consultant and let's face it, people walk in and ask a million questions. I have been dieting/training and getting educated for over 10 yrs since losing 70lbs. I like to help people plus I get to pass out my business card for my Nutrition business. I am a newbie to the board, how do I get "the good" products not sold in stores?

scotty the trash man said:
most of the employes down here are fat there is one guy that knows a lot and hes preaty fit but one out of 6 people thats a small persent of mucles smarts
Hey Scott the Trash Man, I am not a fat guy, I am a very sexy and fit 40 yr old nutritionist who works at GNC and my friend owns the franchise. So I am smart, toned, and know more than you about supplements I am sure. Don't judge others....we are not all alike. ;)

I can't speak for other GNCs, but the one in my area is pricey compared to other stores; this is surprising, since i'd assume they had the power to buy in volume, and pass that discount on to the customer.

I have used their whey isolate, and it was fine. Pricey, but fine.

Their brand of vitamins seems average. I had a GNC employee try to tell me their brand was "top notch, and can't be beat". I brough in a bottle of nu-life brand vitamins, and showed him, and he just stared at me like this: :whatever:

I won't shop there, though, because:

1) They've proven they don't really know about their products, and they try and push false facts on potentially unknowledgeable customers.

2) It's an american company.

Yes, I buy american products, but from locally-owned Canadian retailers ;)

GNC has it's place....for those starting out, maybe, who have limited knowledge on what's out there. Once educated, though, I'd bet most poeple move on.

GNC is just like supplements. I know there are some people that work at GNC are useful, and then there are the ones that just work there. Same as supplements. No offense to anyone on here working at GNC but around my area none of the people there can tell you anything. For example. Im kinda big, 5'8" 235-245 i came into a GNC store looking at EAS phosphagen HP for pricing and the person working told me what it was and how it worked as i stared at her. before she could finish i interupted her just to fininsh for her. i can understand it if i was asking ?s but i didnt even say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom