Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who here is on Glutamine?

I think everyone needs to realize glutamine was shown to be effective in bed ridden burn victims! There's quite a difference between a healthy bodybuilder and a pile of flesh in a hospital bed wasting away! But glutamine is good for your immune system. That might make it worth taking for some people.

Inoticed that when sick, it helps you get over the illness quicker (at least I think). I got a cold the other day, took a little extra glutamine, and it was gone in two days completely. I take it post workout and before bed, but I guess I've been taking it too soon after my protein (or with it). I'll stop doing that.

As ive said, glutamine is very effective. And since glutamine is essential to the immune system. In burns victims, where they are deficient in this compound, it is of particular use. It is very important to take it post workout in divided doses ie. straight away and 90 minutes. I dont know where some of you are getting this info from, but there is NO reason that im aware of that it shouldn't be taken with the post workout protein/carb supplement.

As far as Incredible Hulks statement about glutamine competing with other amino acids - enlighten me please. As such, in GOOD protein powders, the glutamine content is typically higher than all the other a,a's.

Anyway I give glutamine the thumbs up.

I have been taking Glutamine Peptides for about 2 years now. It shortens my recovery time significantly. It also seems to build my resistance to sickness. I have never had a cold or flu while taking Glutamine. I switched from L-Glutamine to Glutamine Peptides (pre digested)because I was told that there would be no interference if taken with a protein drink. It costs me about $40 for a kilo at Kilosports

Here you go Cube:

Q:
I've been reading Paul Cribb's articles and the
information you have written on glutamine and I am
excited to give your GL3 a try. Can I add GL3
L-Glutamine to my Ny-Tro PRO-40 shakes?

A:

I turned this
question over to
our research
director Paul
Cribb and he told
me, "There is a
stack of
research
showing
glutamine in free
form is poorly
absorbed when
competing with
other amino
acids. I would
recommend
having a serving of GL3 on an empty stomach, about 30
minutes before each Ny-Tro PRO-40, just to be sure to
maximize absorption and utilization."

He's the man and that's why he's our research director.
Because glutamine is such a key component of muscle
growth and immune function I think it would be a good idea if I
had Paul address the issue of "how to" utilize it for maximum
effect in a future article.

In the meantime follow the recommendation I spelled out in
Q&A on 7-24-00. And like I've always said, avoid the "all in
one" voodoo supplements that companies are always hyping.
It may sound good when a product has a million ingredients,
but when they work against each other you're left with no
results and smaller bank account.

Remember, science over hype.

Did you read that? A stack of research. Next time I suggest not just you but everyone to fully educate themselves on ANY supplement before mindlessly taking it without having a clue as to properly take it. Also, how do you know it's the glutamine that's working for you? Are you taking more than one supplement? The only fool proof way to tell if a supplement is "working" is to take it by itself. If someone's getting results from taking creatine, HMB, ribose, glutamine, andro, what product is "working"? Most people are swallowing so many pills and powders they don't have a clue as to what's working.

"There is a stack of research showing glutamine in free form is poorly absorbed when competing with other amino acids."

The fact is scientists DO disagree on many levels. For instance the array of diets, that all work and are backed up by substantial evidence.

I don't think that I made it clear that I wasn't refering to taking L-glutamine on its own (free form).As directed in my last thread.

Further, I have only read glutamine studies NOT directed to the ERGOGENIC aid use as medical use is the first priority.

Basically, Id like to see the research on taking different forms of glutamine. And say, glutamine peptides post workout with protein, with carbs, with protein and carbs. Looking at factors such as blood glutamine concentrations in these instances, and glycogen uptake etc. Also, a host of factors contibuting to endocrine regulation etc.

Did you say that Paul is your research director in that you work with him etc. If so what are your interests/research areas etc.

[This message has been edited by Cube (edited April 08, 2001).]

Originally posted by IncredibleHulk:
Not to mention none of you know how to supplement glutamine properly. Taking it with a protein drink is the stupidest way to take glutamine! You might as well flush your money down the toilet because that's what your doing.

You know what, super guy? No one likes a fucking know-it-all. Instead of spouting off at the mouth how smart you are and how dumb we are, why don't you try putting it like a rational human being and give your opinion. "Hey guys, I feel this way..." People will respect it much more.

------------------
"One-arm slam you like Nikolai Volkof." - Redman

Top Bottom