Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who here is on Glutamine?

kingsquat

What brand are you on? How much do you take? What times do you take it? What positive things are you seeing from it? etc.

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

i take Prolab's. I love all their supps. as far as dosage, i take 10-15g/day in divided doses. I add 5 or 10 in my post workout shake and another 5g before bed on an empty stomach or added with a scoop of protein. Sounds like it could get expensive but prolab has a good price and there are alot of good deals out there. What i notice most is my recovery is better. I'm not nearly as sore the next day(s). later.

------------------
"One-arm slam you like Nikolai Volkof." - Redman

I take glutamine Peptides. I've got a 2.2Ib powder container. I would guess that I take in about 18 grams of it. Tablespoon at night and one in the morning before I hit the gym (spoon = 9 grams). Its not something thats easy to notice its effects too much. I think it is reducing the amount of time I stay sore but that could be my muscles adapting to my routine.

I've lifted with glutamine for several months, and without glutamine for several months. Several times. I can now honestly say that glutamine is the most expensive and worthless supplement. The money vs results ratio is WAY down there. Spend your money on creatine and protein.

go with the peptides, I have had good results with them, but I could definetly live without it, mostly I saw that it sped up recovery..

Glutamine is not an effective mass builder. You may see results at 40-50 grams a day but at a measley 10-15 grams a day your getting nothing more than a placebo effect. Not to mention none of you know how to supplement glutamine properly. Taking it with a protein drink is the stupidest way to take glutamine! You might as well flush your money down the toilet because that's what your doing. Glutamine competes very poorly with other amino acids so your pretty much wasting your money! If you do decide to waste your money on it, at least supplement with it properly. Take your Glutamine about 15 minutes before your protein shake to ensure absorption of the glutamine. Do not simply dump it in with your protein shake or MRP!!

There has been alot of research into the effectiveness of glutamine. And it works. The consensus of opinion as to dosages and when to take it are varied. However, the most effective times are post workout, then 90 minutes after this dose and also before bed. Use 15 grams for each of these doses.

I only use it pre workout at around 20 grams. Got this advice from Charles Poliquin. Post workout, it's supposed to be pretty much worthless if you're mixing it in with protein. Same before bed. Anyway, post workout you should be concentrating more on a well hydrolyzed protein and high glycemic carbs.

Top Bottom