Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

While on creatine, do you notice any difference?

Do you take creatine before working out, and if so, do you think it helps?

• I take creatine occasionally and think it probably boosts my energy somewhat

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • I take creatine occasionally but I'm not sure if it truly boosts my energy or not

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I take creatine often and can see an improvement in my energy when weight training

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I've taken creatine before, but am not really sure whether or not it really works

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • I don't take creatine.

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

PoonRaider

Occasionally, I'll take 6 grams of creatine after my protein shake (Either Spiru-tein or Muscle Milk) before I workout. I'm not really sure whether it actually gives me a boost of energy, or whether it's all in my head. I've heard it is supposed to boost strength training energy or something.

I'm not really sure about it, so I was wondering what everybody's opinion is of it.

I usually use EAS phosphagen HP, I know its a little "old school" with Vitargo and cell tech, etc... but it always works for me and is the easiest to use. Vitargo and Cell just double the dose and can get nausiating to drink then train/eat. Anyway, i load 20g day for 5 then 10 g for 3 then 5 g for remainder. I cycle 12 weeks on/12 weeks off. Muscles definitely get tighter and I dont necessarily get more "energy" (like a caffeine boost) but idefinitetly get stronger and more muscular endurance (more reps). As for weight gain..I've gained 12 lbs in the past over 8 weeks. I've also put on about 3-5 in 8 weeks..using same product etc...I notice after the first 5 lbs (first 4 weeks) then I start to gain a few lbs each week or two. But I never gain 12-20 lbs like some guys claim in 4-6 weeks.

You can't take it once in a while. You have to take it consistently.

Take 5-10 grams/day. Take 3+grams pwo with your shake, don't pre-mix the creatine with the shake, because it will degrade into creatinine if you do.

You can take it in the AM, w/pre workout shake, and with evening meal, too.

I have this stuff called Creatine Surge I bought at Whole Foods. I'm gonna start taking at least 6g a day w/ my preworkout shake.

From what I have heard, you are supposed to take 5 grams preworkout and then another 5 postworkout with dextrose and protein. My question is what do you take the 5 grams preworkout with? Should I mix it into a 30g protein shake for preworkout?

Veretta9 said:
From what I have heard, you are supposed to take 5 grams preworkout and then another 5 postworkout with dextrose and protein. My question is what do you take the 5 grams preworkout with? Should I mix it into a 30g protein shake for preworkout?

ala
aakg

also work well for preworkout with creatine

Creatine has worked for me. I just use the creatine monhydrate powder and don't waste my money on the other creatine products. I have found that taking it with whey and dextrose does the trick. 5 grams in the morning with breakfast (1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 cup blueberries/raspberries, 1 scoop of chocalate whey protein - all mixed not to bad) and 5 grams in my postworkout shake (40g dextrose, 20 g whey protein).

Top Bottom