Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

While on creatine, do you notice any difference?

Do you take creatine before working out, and if so, do you think it helps?

• I take creatine occasionally and think it probably boosts my energy somewhat

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • I take creatine occasionally but I'm not sure if it truly boosts my energy or not

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I take creatine often and can see an improvement in my energy when weight training

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I've taken creatine before, but am not really sure whether or not it really works

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • I don't take creatine.

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters
I take 5g mixed w/my am shake (2% milk and 1 scoop whey).

THen post workout 5g mixed with about 40g whey and usually dextrose.

But have no idea if I am taking it the right way or I can do someting better. I have noticed an increase in strength at the gym, so it is doing something, just don't know if I would notice more increase in strength taking it another way.

SOmetimes post workout I will mix it with gatorade or just water, room temp; as I have heard on hear many times..

So, what's the consensus?

d3track said:
arent you the guy who was saying all supplements are bad for you, an dnot healthy?

Are you talking to me?
If so,
It is true I would prefer to be all natural and eat only organic food, which I do for the most part. Although I'm not a vegetarian, I think that eating beef and chicken every day to get my daily protein, I think that using protein supplements are quite safe compared to steroids or the hazards of red meat. Some protein supplements, to quote [ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mt/nitro.html ], are "scientifically designed to force more amino acids into your muscles and support greater gains in lean muscle mass and strength" than fresh, all natural chicken, beef and fish could supply you with. Also, where the hell could I get so much whey isolate without drinking loads of whole milk, which has so much fat, when I'm trying to lose it?

EL GAUCHO said:
Its probably the dextrose which i giving you the energy bro.
You can't actually "feel" the creatine working....

"So, what is creatine? Our bodies naturally make the compound, which is used to supply energy to our muscles. It is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and is transported to the body's muscles through the bloodstream. Once it reaches the muscles, it is converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This high-powered metabolite is used to regenerate the muscles' ultimate energy source, ATP (adenosine triphosphate)." - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

The energy comes from the concoction of Creatine monohydrate, adenosine triphosphate, as well as the dextrose. Sugars (Dextrose, glucose, fructose, etc.) are good for short, quick energy burning periods, which is why they are ideal for weight training. That's basic knowledge.

Essentially, do some research on supplements before you come to the conclusion that, "Its probably the dextrose which i giving you the energy bro."

Last edited:
yosshimura said:
I take 5g mixed w/my am shake (2% milk and 1 scoop whey).

THen post workout 5g mixed with about 40g whey and usually dextrose.

But have no idea if I am taking it the right way or I can do someting better. I have noticed an increase in strength at the gym, so it is doing something, just don't know if I would notice more increase in strength taking it another way.

SOmetimes post workout I will mix it with gatorade or just water, room temp; as I have heard on hear many times..

So, what's the consensus?

I think that it increases energy, but you have to remember to drink plenty of water. I prefer taking creatine about 1-2 hours before working out, and drinking lots of water during that period.

Listen, twig man, it IS the dextrose that is giving you the "feeling" of energy.
Sure, the mix you are taking will provide more energy for workout, but not an energy which you will feel, like say if you where using ECA.
Creatine will allow your muscle cells to volumise to a greater extent, but it will NOT give you an energy boost during work outs. You just can't feel it that way.
If you are feeling anything, it is most likely a placebo effect, or the sugars in the mix you have bought.

The best overall creatine that worked best for me was Trac by MHP. this stuff was amazing. It was the first supplement I ever took and it worked wonders. 10lbs of muscle and 50lbs on bench max.

EL GAUCHO said:
Listen, twig man, it IS the dextrose that is giving you the "feeling" of energy.
Sure, the mix you are taking will provide more energy for workout, but not an energy which you will feel, like say if you where using ECA.
Creatine will allow your muscle cells to volumise to a greater extent, but it will NOT give you an energy boost during work outs. You just can't feel it that way.
If you are feeling anything, it is most likely a placebo effect, or the sugars in the mix you have bought.

Twig man? I'm 17, 5'10, and lean. I have better genes than you do, shorty. :p
wtf is your deal w/ 'feeling creatine'?
And uhh. . gee thx for your opinion on just what you 'feel' when you workout
Why are you telling me this again?

Last edited:
Top Bottom