Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey Protein + Mass Gainer Question

P11

Hey guys, right now the only supplement I'm taking is Gourmet Gainer right after my workout. However, I have noticed that my muscles are still feeling a little tired and arn't getting as strong as they were when I was strictly on ON Whey. So I was thinking of taking ON Whey right in the morning with breakfast and then taking it post-workout along side my mass gainer. What are your thoughts on this?

P11 said:
Hey guys, right now the only supplement I'm taking is Gourmet Gainer right after my workout. However, I have noticed that my muscles are still feeling a little tired and arn't getting as strong as they were when I was strictly on ON Whey. So I was thinking of taking ON Whey right in the morning with breakfast and then taking it post-workout along side my mass gainer. What are your thoughts on this?

You could use ON whey strictly for postworkout. Before bed make a big shake and drink half before you go to bed and then the other half when you wake up in the morning.

Just ON after your workout makes no sense... you need calories and carbs..which a good mass gainer should by definition provide. Or you can create your own mass gainer by adding things like oats, fruit, etc. to your ON that way.

If your mass gainer has only like 30gs of protein, I'd add in a scoop of the ON whey, but if you're already getting like 60gs of protein, the only thing the ON scoop will do is add calories (which is fine too!), but you're probably not gonna get the benefit of the protein (you will some as it will displace some of the mass gainer protein, but you get the idea)

what i do is take a high carb drink and red blast before work out
and then when im finshed i hit the gourmet gainer choc chip mint flavor
lovely also take maximuscle progain and creatine in the day starting to gain a few pounds now :p

Kabeetz said:
Just ON after your workout makes no sense... you need calories and carbs..which a good mass gainer should by definition provide. Or you can create your own mass gainer by adding things like oats, fruit, etc. to your ON that way.

I assumed he ate a half hour or so after lifting. I dont see what the problem would be to take ON directly after your workout and then get your cals and carbs from actual food.

Top Bottom