Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey protein isolate Exposed

When you go to your typical supplement store, you have 4 main protein supplements available to purchase:
1. A whey protein
2. A casein protein
3. A egg protein
4. A vegetable protein such as soy, hemp, brown rice, gemma pea, or alfalfa

Out of all the protein choices available, the gold stand is whey protein. It has the highest bioavailability and best amino acid profile. There are two main types of whey protein available: a whey protein isolate and a whey protein concentrate. The problem with a whey protein concentrate is that it will contain a few grams of lactose (the milk sugar naturally occurring in dairy products) per serving. The majority of adult humans have a lactose sensitivity which can cause GI issues like gas, bloating and diarrhea. A whey protein isolate on the other hand is essentially pure protein and will have only trace amounts of lactose.

When purchasing a whey protein isolate you want to see nothing in the ingredients list besides whey protein isolate, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and maybe some salt, cocoa powder and soy lecithin.

I personally use the whey protein powder isolation from n2bm.com. A 30g scoop has 26g protein, 1g carbs and 0g fat.

Whey protein is very fast digesting which makes it optimal for supplementing with before and after workouts.

This article sums up the 3 types of whey out there. a good way to tell if you have a poor quality whey protein is if you see concentrate as one of the ingredients. it should only have isolate

another way is the junky add ons companies put in there to make it taste good or to provide fillers. they will sneak in hydrogenated oils, HFCS, sucralose and other shit without affecting the macro's.

also if you use whey protein and feel any sort of stomach discomfort you need to stop using them.

I used to use a protein from Costco called LeanFit before I found N2BM. I literally got the shits from this product. Needless to say I threw it out and never used a whey concentrate again. It is funny to because I have never been sensitive to dairy/lactose before but the whey concentrate just kills me. My favourite is Columbian Espresso.

I always take my isolate at 50-60 grams per portion. Usually its in the morning with my oats and before bed. During the day I enjoy eating food, haha.

But for those who keep on considering between whey concentrate and isolate - I would highly suggest going for isolate. Its only slightly more expensive, but the quality speaks for itself. Better digested, less problems in the stomach, and disolves much better.

Top Bottom