Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey protein doesn't digest well for me - any other protein options?

GrinchLS1

I've been using Protaquest Precision Whey Protein powder and the stuff is tearing me up (in the bathroom all the time :p ). I don't think I'm lactose intolerant or anything, but maybe large amounts of milk product doesn't sit well with me.

Are there other forms of protein supplements that I can make shakes with, or other variations of whey protein? I use protein bars and they don't bother me but I can't eat those darn things all day either.

Thanks guys.

i've never heard of protoquest protein. It's probobly the cheap stuff. Bro get some lactose free whey look at dpsnutrition. I buy Optimum and Prolabs. Give them a try. The cheap protein will give you the shits. Get rid of that protein u have.

If it is already a lactose free protein, try blending it in a mixer with very little water - so it wont get watery - rather , it will be thick, but without the cream taste.

If you are in fact whey intolerant, another fast absorbing protein is eggwhites. I assume you take whey solely post workout for its rapid absorption?

If you take as an MRP, I suggest a slower absorbing one, such as triplethreat.

bro i used to buy the really crappy cheap stuff too. Try Prolab's or Optimum's they wont give you the runs. You're not whey intolerant you're cheap whey intolerant like me.

you want to get big, you cant do it half ass.

buy isolate whey protein. and use water not milk. or lactose free milk.

i just bought one of sportspharma, the vanilla and strawberry (i combine them) tastes pretty darn good!

Whey protein is ALL THE SAME. it either makes that label requirment or it doesn't. You never mentioned you had lactose intolerance so there must be some preservative or flavoring that you are allergic too. get a different brand.

isolate is just overpriced whey... 90% protein rather than 80% protein. if you are worried about 2 grams more per serving (ruffly) then use a little more. saying that someone must use an isolate over a standard WPC is assinine.

Top Bottom