Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey Isolate vs. Whey Concentrate vs. Whey Hydrolysates

snagglepuss

I know you need to get whey protein after a workout, but is there a big difference between Whey Isolates, Concentrates and Hydrolysates?

absolutely!

whey isolate will kick in much faster.. some'n like 20 minutes if i'm not mistake.
its also much easier absorbed.

let the wizards shed more light..

Hydroslates are virtually instantly absorbed - you can digest much more at a time than other forms. Isolates are better, concentrates lesser.

Actually, the descriptions on proteinfactory.com (at least the last time I was there quite a while ago) are pretty acurate (which is unusual for a dealer!)

concetrate vs isolate... not much of a difference imo.
especially if your buying it from the big names, i really wonder how legit their claims are.

However... concetrate vs hydrolized. Really i think you should down 50g's hydroisolate postworkout, 10g's gluatmine, 10g's BCAA's and some dextrose.
That is a mean postworkout shake, and you will see some serious results

Also if you can afford it the same thing in the morning.

Preworkout 10-15 g's hydrolized 10g's glutamine 10g's BCAA's

but yes there is a differnce between hydrolized and the others, and it is signifigant.

thanks. I just bought Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein. The label says it contains all three, but it doesn't specify how much of each.

In general, what protein do you use/recommend?

Load up on cheap isolate during the day so you can cram in alot. Save concentrate/micellar casein whatever for bedtime.

dim said:
protein is protein,if it they have all the bcaa's in they are all the same

Uhhhhh... someone realizes that bcaa's are all that really matter? That is not fucking possible on the net. Who are you really?

snagglepuss said:
I know you need to get whey protein after a workout, but is there a big difference between Whey Isolates, Concentrates and Hydrolysates?

Read my posts on the thread http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344187 . I posted basically everything you need to know about whey protein.

Concentrate vs Isolate :

A true whey protein isolate (WPI) will have very little fat and lactose and will be about 90% protein (the protein fractions are "isolated" from the rest of the material). Whey protein concentrate (WPC) contains about 7% fat and lactose and only 75% protein, BUT it costs less than half of what an isolate costs. The actual protein in WPC (that 75%) is usually pretty good, actually as good as the protein in WPI.

Bottom line : As long as you're not too sensitive to lactose, use WPC. You get a better value for money.

Keep in mind that contrary to what supplement companies want you to believe, QUANTITY of protein is more important than QUALITY, especially if you're juicing and trying to bulk up. Also keep in mind that some manufacturers (most of them actually) will put 98% WPC in their product and then put in 1% of a hydrolyzed product (remember this tastes horrible!) and 1% of an isolate. Then, they can legally claim all types of stuff on their label-- di and tri peptides, ion-exchange, blah, blah, blah!

Some karma would be appreciated.

Top Bottom