Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when would you take a weight gainer shake/supplement...

eastarr69

best time to take weight gain drinks etc... (post #1)

what would you consider an optimal time to take these, one would think right after training since they have a ton of what you would need for recoup after training, but would that defeat the purpose?

E

I figured I would move this over here since there is not much activity on the supp board...

E

if your taking a weight gainer, IM assuming your bulking. figure out how many calories you want to be taking in. then figure out how many you eat, and make up the difference with the weight gainer. I would take it after working out, and before going to sleep if I was bulking.

I however have never used weightgainer, I preffer to get calories from food.

Thanks guys...I have never been a big eater...i am on a bulking cycle and i have started to try and eat whatever i can and what i can, i just dont have a big stomach for it....so, i am going to supp also, i will after training and probably befor work...i need about 4500 calories a day and i may be hitting 2500 to 3000 by my estimation....so, i will only have to hit the supps once a day...thanks guys...

E

If you have a problem eating breakfast or right after working out since the high amount of carbs will replace the glucose you lost during your workout......

take a protien shake when you get up and when you go to bed, but dont eat anything with it. This will keep your adrenal glands working and encourage ketosis.

I usually try to split it up during through the day. If your getting 1500 or 2000 calories from a weight gainer......I usually have 1/3 in the morning while my muscles are hungry. Have 1/3 mid day.....then have 1/3 late afternoon. Then I have a myoplex mass after workout. It's worked good for me so far!

Lord Suston is right. Optimum times are breakfast and post workout, since most weight gainers are laden with sugar. this will avoid bodyfat accumulation to the greatest degree, and promote muscle building. Just make sure your gainer has enough protein per serving; if not add some protein powder to your shake.-WULF

Top Bottom