Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to take protein on rest days?

kylelandry

I take a protein shake once per day. Usually, ontraining days I take it right after working out, so on these days itis rather simple for me. However, on rest days I am not sure when totake it to get the most of it. What time of the day is best to takeprotein shakes?

first off you don't need to take protein shakes post workout and you don't need to take them on non workout days

the reason guys chug them post workout is they will inject insulin and then take a shake with dex to avoid going hypo

why not just eat real food and if you need a shake cause you miss a meal save it for that time

At least on rest days I would avoid using protein unless you are having a hard time fulfilling your daily macros. If you can eat enough during the day, stick to the food, and use protein to fill the gaps only, not as a must to use supplement.

Protein shakes are just there to fill in the nutritional gaps you may have each day. If you are short on protein have a shake. It doesn't matter if you train that day or not. If you have already had enough protein from your food that day then you don't need a shake.

Top Bottom