Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when is the best time to take amino acids

Status
Not open for further replies.

peligroso

Well my trainer told me that instead of taking a protein shake and dextrose to insulin spike that will make me fat... instead I have to take amino acids right after my workout and like 50 min later a whey and water protein shake..

I disagree...right when i get home from the gym a make a mean shake filled protien and carbs which is essential right after a crush sesh. I throw in my BCAA complex as well. If your workouts are high intensity, and a little cardio on your days off i wouldnt be worried about fat.

Aminos work best on an empty stomach. Take aminos before and after workout, and/or berfore meals.
But don't use ithem in place of protein shakes. Your body is screaming for protein PWO.
Be sure to get at least 50 mg protein within 20 minutes after you work out.

peligroso said:
Well my trainer told me that instead of taking a protein shake and dextrose to insulin spike that will make me fat... instead I have to take amino acids right after my workout and like 50 min later a whey and water protein shake..

Total BS. Whey shake & dextrose (or other high GI carbs) is important PWO. That doesn't make u fat. Consuming excess calories does.

halfcenturian said:
Aminos work best on an empty stomach. Take aminos before and after workout, and/or berfore meals.
But don't use ithem in place of protein shakes. Your body is screaming for protein PWO.
Be sure to get at least 50 mg protein within 20 minutes after you work out.

See this is what everyone has wrong, your body starts screaming for protein after your first rep, not after you final rep of that days training, so its EXTREMLY important to consume a serious protein meal and serious carbs prior to training if you want to see better quality results quicker.

And seriously quality muscle comes from real food not from shakes, if shakes would work youd see big guys all over the place since tons of people are very strict with their daily shake intake, but its real food real fish chicken steak etc real carbs like oatmeal baked patato rich etc that will take on mass not drinks.

NYBodyguard said:
See this is what everyone has wrong, your body starts screaming for protein after your first rep, not after you final rep of that days training, so its EXTREMLY important to consume a serious protein meal and serious carbs prior to training if you want to see better quality results quicker.

And seriously quality muscle comes from real food not from shakes, if shakes would work youd see big guys all over the place since tons of people are very strict with their daily shake intake, but its real food real fish chicken steak etc real carbs like oatmeal baked patato rich etc that will take on mass not drinks.

shakes have their place and are important imo.

the body doesnt know it is in a gym nor does it know whether u r consuming a chicken breast, a steak, oatmeal, or a shake. all it knows it has some serious taxing stress being put on it and it wants to recover and adapt and that it has available nutrients.

i agree that the lions share of food intake should be real food but at times we may need more fast acting protein and/or carb sources.

8and20 said:
shakes have their place and are important imo.

the body doesnt know it is in a gym nor does it know whether u r consuming a chicken breast, a steak, oatmeal, or a shake. all it knows it has some serious taxing stress being put on it and it wants to recover and adapt and that it has available nutrients.

i agree that the lions share of food intake should be real food but at times we may need more fast acting protein and/or carb sources.
100% wrong 50g protein of chicken breast and 50g of some shake do not even remotly come close, yeah common sense tells you the body dont know but the results of those who rely on shakes and those who eat real foods speak for themselves, I cut out ALL my protein shakes and so did my training partner and I regret not doing it earlier, real food people forget the shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom