Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when is the best time to take amino acids

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah actually whey is the shit.

in fact you can get huge on a liquid diet

in fact you can put all yoru food in a blender and drink it if you want.

the only real difference (as far as muscle building is concerned) between whole food and processed food is how fast it hits your bloodstream and there's a mild thermogenic increase for digesting tough foods (high fiber whole foods) and this is the reason that you'll probably stay a little leaner eating whole high fiber foods.

but shakes are food too.

my two best muscle building foods are whey shakes and olive oil. this is of course as a complement to my normal food intake.

everybody makes all these blanket statements like "real food makes you big, shakes don't" "otherwise everybody who drinks whey protein would be huge"

either method is good, but i guarantee you you throw two whey shakes at your peak insulin sensitivity windows (breakfast, pwo) IN ADDITION to your diet you'll note better recovery and better muscle growth, the problem is when you train naturally changes in your diet take weeks to notice and its so hard to quantify.

anyways i am rambling.

i think monounsaturated fats are totally underrated as well, i stay leaner when i take 4 tbsp olive oil per day and i get better muscle growth.

another thing about whey is you need to get quality whey with enzymes otherwise you could be interfering with your normal digestion.

See this is what everyone has wrong, your body starts screaming for protein after your first rep, not after you final rep of that days training, so its EXTREMLY important to consume a serious protein meal and serious carbs prior to training if you want to see better quality results quicker.

And seriously quality muscle comes from real food not from shakes, if shakes would work youd see big guys all over the place since tons of people are very strict with their daily shake intake, but its real food real fish chicken steak etc real carbs like oatmeal baked patato rich etc that will take on mass not drinks.

OK, ...so I cannot possibly disagree that real meat is the best possible protein. Having said that, I am out of bed @ 4:00am every morning, have a FULL time career with lots of driving, a wife that works, a 4 year old and a new born and back in bed @ 7:30 every night. It is not realistic to think I'm going to carry around a cooler full of chicken hoping to stumble across a 7-11 where I can run in and microwave it 4-6 times a day. Shakes (in addition to good diet) definitely have their place for busy working people that are trying to maintain decent nutrition and energy.
Also you mention "if shakes would work youd see big guys all over the place". I challenge you to find a serious body builder or power lifter that doesn't supplement protein. You'll never win that one.

I take a 50g protein 70g carb shake about 10 minutes before i'm even done working out, it's worked great for me, but the BCAA i take during my workout as a intra-catalyst, however, you should take BCAA's during the day as well, i agree with keeping your body as a nitrogen rich environment, however, as an E.R. doctor told me one day when i was talking to him too much will make your muscles sag, i don't believe it, but just to be safe make sure you monitor how much you are taking it.

Please do not ressurrect old threads ...thanks.
we would very much prefer you make a new one.

The branch chained amino acid L-leucine directly signals protein synthesis through the mtor pathway. The branch chained amino acids are also extremely anti-catabolic which makes them great to take before cardio, especially when doing fasted cardio.

Just make sure to read the ingredients carefully because a lot of the flavoured BCAA products on the market have a lot of added sugar and carbohydrates per serving. This will blunt the fat loss response that you would of gotten from the cardio other wise. I personally use the capsulated BCAA product gear from n2bm.com.
http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Proteins/GEAR-p149.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom